CGM & Pre-Conception

I’ve found the CGM (Freestyle Navigator) to really really help in
lowering my A1C. I can see trends that I never knew existed before.
I’ve dropped from 8.4 to 7.0 and waiting on the next 3 month test
results due today… fingers crossed.

Anyone else trying one of these or thinking about it?

Gina ---- how on earth did you drop from 8.4 to 7.0??? Do tell! :slight_smile: Are you making modifications on your own based on CGM trends? How often are you making changes? Do you see a CDE? I want to be on that same path! My last A1c was 7.0 (just took labs on Monday this week----so not sure where I am now). I’ve been wanting to be 6.4 for ages. SUPER WORK ON YOUR PART!!! :slight_smile:

Hey Erika -

The CGM is awesome. I wear it all the time 24/7 365. I am able to download the data and take a look at trends. It helps me understand that things like pears move my blood sugar higher then apples, granola bars are the devil and i can not bolus for pancakes till i start eating them (15 min b4 gives me a low). I am making changes to basal rates, bolus ratios and isf based on my observations and results. I make changes one at a time and watch that modifcation, see what it does if it works before i make the next one. I see a CDE once every three months but i do a lot on my own. Data makes the difference the more you know the easier it is to plan for situations and adjust. Ask your CDE about the Navigator it is the best one on the market (the mini med sucks my cousin has it). Can;t wait to hear your results. Keep plugging!!

This is wonderful to hear,Gina! I’m still trying to get a CGM through my insurance BUT they aren’t budging…even with me planning pregnancy.I did however bring my A1C down from 7.1 to 6.6 :).I need to prevent these lows though…