Challenges and opportunities for improving member experiences on TuDiabetes

I have missed you and Zoe a great deal. Glad to see you are still around.

1 Like

So glad to hear from you.

1 Like

I think it’s a matter of perspective. Just this morning, we had a new member in the chat room praising the site. She was so impressed with the site, information and sense of family.

Sarah :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

I think, too, we can’t complain there are no interesting topics to read unless we actually post topics that people will find interesting.

4 Likes

@BadMoonT2 and this morning is another completely different banner on the home page. it’s bare except for a large hamburger and the word “TuDiabetes” - someone would have to have the luck to think to mouse over it and click to see the choices of “my page, discussions, videos,etc” sigh :disappointed:

Yikes! That should not be happening. @MarieB and @BadMoonT2, are you seeing these top navigation changes on laptops? Do you remember what page of the sit you were on when you saw this stuff? (e.g. forum vs. not forum). The navigation looks a little different on iPads and on mobile phones, just because of the size differences, but everyone should always see the SAME menu when they’re using the same machine. Please clarify so I can alert our developers if there’s a glitch they need to fix. Thanks!

1 Like

I agree, @curlysarah. The wonderful community is still here! It just looks different, and has lost some features and feelings that long-time members really treasured. I think that, together, we can regain the homey feeling that some folks feel we’ve lost (although this will never be a carbon copy of the old site), while also using the new, more modern platform capabilities to their fullest.

since my iPhone BLEW UP, I am only on Tu on my laptop

Windows 7 in FireFox

1 Like

And do you know if you were in the forum area or not? I’m asking because I need to talk to a different developer depending on where you were on the site (forum vs. home page/events/videos…)

It was on the home page. Right now it is displaying properly with both icons and words.

1 Like

my home page is showing like this

it doesn’t matter whether I make the size of the screen smaller or larger
I’m also on Firefox with Windows 7

@jason18, could you please take a look at this? Another member reported the same thing (also not related to screen size) on Firefox and Windows 7.

Just logged into the homepage at my work computer. Icons but no words. Windows 7 FireFox.

Logged in on another computer. Same OS same browser. It has Icons and names. Members icons are missing on chat

My frustration with the old format was trying to navigate and find what I wanted. I kept finding things that I did not know existed for many months. So I joined some groups that I appreciated and did most of my posting there. I also loved the interviews that Emily scheduled and hosted.
I find navigation with the new format easier, things are more orderly and organized. I am forgetting to join in on some of the interviews. There were some I really wanted to hear, but my memory is not so god anymore. I make notes, but get involved with other things and then find I missed the interviews. I know I can see them on YouTube, but I cannot direct questions to the speaker on YouTube, and I miss chatting while the program is in progress.

@Richard157 you could check our event page
http://www.tudiabetes.org/events/

and perhaps mark your calendar for the events you’d like to participate in. @mrmikelawson always mentions the events several times on Twitter before the events too.

Thanks Marie, I have been putting the events on my calendar for a long time, but I forget to look at the calendar at the right time. I am very easily distracted. I think the next interview is on Tuesday, but will I remember that after 3:30 PM that day??

well Tuesday is Gary Scheiner, always a good one. I am easily distracted too! I have to make to do lists and talk w my husband about my day’s plans. If I don’t want to miss an interview, I even tell him not to call me between 4 and 5, so I have multiple reminders.

1 Like

I know this goes against the grain, but not only did I find it easier to navigate in the “old” Tu (I guess my brain is wired differently :wink:) but I found the site more welcoming, and I miss it.

3 Likes