Clinical Research Study Opportunity for Patients with Type 2 Diabetes

We are conducting the HARMONY clinical research study. To pre-qualify for the HARMONY research study, a person must:
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Have type 2 diabetes
• Currently be treated with insulin
Qualified participants will receive study‐related care, investigational drug and evaluation at no cost. Call us at the Diabetes Research Center at (714) 734-7944.

This survey has been approved by the TuDiabetes administration.

Interesting, but I don’t use either of the insulins they are focusing on.

I am also not eligible as it asks for a1c > 7%, c-peptide > 0.8 and having wide swings of blood sugars and hypos.

I agree - (though currently taking Apidra is acceptable). Interesting, but I don’t qualify on many levels: My HbA1c is below 7.0, C-peptide is below 0.8, and, well, I have an allergy or sensitivity to Insulin Lispro.

Oh well - I with them luck!

Yeah. I don’t qualify on any of those grounds, either.

can someone tell me what insulins ARE acceptable?

The study plans to put people on a combination of Lantus, Humalog, and a new GLP-1 agonist, if I am reading it correctly.

David is right. Going into the study, anyone taking any basal and bolus insulin up to a TDD of 140u and no more than 70u basal can qualify, but those accepted into the study will use Lantus, Humalog and/or a new GLP-1 receptor agonist for 4 to 26 weeks (depending on which group they’re placed into).

1 Like