Collecting data

Has anyone out there had a problem getting data from the DexCom off their computers? I downloaded my receiver before going to my doctor's appt. today and when I brought up the reports and hit the "print" button that shows up, by the way, the only way to print from that screen, it only prints half of the information that you are seeing on your computer. On my computer which has Windows Vista it has a nice graph and such to show my progress with the CGM but the print outs to show my doctor are not worth the paper to print them on. I am going to see the local rep Thurs. night and ask him if there is something I am doing wrong but wondering if anyone else has noticed this same issue with the DexCom?

I have an Animas Ping insulin pump and get great printed reports from it.

I have not had any problems with my reports and I am also using Windows Vista (Home Basic). When I print a report by clicking the “Print” button in the upper right corner of the report, DM3 creates the report in Microsoft Word. I then print it from Word.

The page setup settings for my Glucose Modal Day Report (my CDE’s favorite) are:

Margins Tab

Top/Bottom/Left/Right: 0.6"

Gutter: 0

Orientation: Landscape

Multiple Pages: Normal

Paper Tab

Paper size: Letter

Layout Tab

From Edge: Header: 0.5"

From Edge: Footer: 0.5"

Vertical alignment: Top

I left out some settings that I felt had no bearing on how the report prints. Your available settings might be different depending on your printer’s features. I suggest that you see how DM3 sets up your report and try printing something else from Word with those settings. Also, make certain that the correct printer is selected (the navigation is File, Print… then check the Name of the Printer in the dialog box that opens).

I just realized I lied. If I print page 2 (which I never do), the very edge of the last column cuts off and does not print. Let me know if I can help any other way.

Brad

Thanks for the suggestions

Does your Vista do fall back to WIN XP mode? If so and you are comfortable making the setup changes, try running Dex software in WIN XP mode.