Cooking Doldrums

I don’t know about you, but I have been going through a long phase of not wanting to cook. Do you ever have days where you just want to serve the family a bowl of pasta…more than once a week? With having to watch every penny and just being plain bored with the meal selection (due to the penny pinching), sometimes making dinner is just a real pain. Summer has lightened the load a little because there are new fresh veges becoming available as we move more and more into the warmer months. I have found though that keeping it simple is working the best and making everyone happy. (of course, they would be ecstatic to have a bowl of pasta a few times a week too…)

Read more.

I have a different touch of this though, I love to cook, but as a single guy, I am always just cooking for myself interesting though when I prepare a meal that I spend over 30 min slaving on, by the time I am done, I have lost my appetite or filled up with the aroma or something, so I end up not wanting to eat it.
Solution, I will eat cold sandwiches and soups or stuff I can prepare in 10 minutes or so. am sure you face different challenges when cooking for the family, that pasta bowl only looks appetizing if its dubbed left over Tuesday or something but thats my reason for keeping it simple.

I hear ya, what really gets me about cooking for the family is that everyone has their own diet. I’m diabetic, my daughter is a vegetarian, my son is a pickatarian (macaroni and cheese, hot dogs and you get the idea), and my wife, well, lets just say she has her carb issues. I like to cook, but when it becomes a duty and nobody even contributes to the meal and only complains, it is just no longer a pleasure.

When I hit a wall and can’t think of what to cook I got to food websites to give me ideas.

I have started a blog about this - My husband & I work a ton and commute 3 hours a day so time is of the essence when it comes to cooking. Not to mention he has crohns disease (gut immuno disease).
What I find easiest is while one is cooking I set the next night’s meal up so it has good time to marinade.
I can’t spend more than 20 minutes on a meal - it’s just not practical considering we get home around 7:30 & I hit the hay around 10.

I hope you find some good stuff & check back I am trying to be

1. Mindful of my own duldrums (aka balanced)
  2. Better at tracking
  3. Cost conscious
    http://diabeticcrohn.blogspot.com/

Thank you everyone!!