Daughter thinking of pumping with Omnipod untethered with Tresiba - can anyone offer advice or input?

I’m not an Omnipod user, I use a Medtronic 640G, but have 75% of my basal as Lantus, 25% via the pump, and all boluses via the pump.
I’m not an adolescent, I’m heading towards menopause, but my lifestyle has been called adolescent more than once.
I train martial arts (aikido) 10-12 hours a week when I’m not working, and need to disconnect my pump for up to 4 hours at a time (landing on a pump from a height is not fun).
When I work (8 days a month, 14 hour days), it’s nice to have that background basal going in case of pump failure.
I use a Libre sensor plus Miao Miao transmitter as a CGM too. The Medtronic sensors don’t work well enough, even though they link to this pump.
The other benefit to the untethered mode of insulin administration is if one has an illness or has a steroid shot, the increased basal can be dialed up via the pen, rather than resetting the pump. I did that last month during a really tedious flu like illness. I increased my basal by 40% for a whole week.

Thank you everyone. I think we’ll have to put this plan on the back burner for another year until my DD transitions to adult clinic. The pump Endo at our clinic will not consider any outside the box regimen or try anything not widely accepted and approved for pediatrics (even though my DD is a full grown 16 year old). I am looking forward to her having an adult Endo who gives us more credit for what we know and all we’ve learned about her own self management.:unamused:

1 Like

F[quote=“Sprocket1, post:22, topic:69582”]
I am looking forward to her having an adult Endo who gives us more credit for what we know and all we’ve learned about her own self management.:unamused:
[/quote]
I am sorry to hear about this.

I think the hardest thing about diabetes is finding good endo support and easy access to stuff. :frowning:

Wishing you luck in the future.