Diabeats

Pink Floyd - Leanring to Fly

1 Like

Dave Matthews Band with Warren Haynes - Cortez, The Killer (Live In Central Park)

1 Like

Glad you liked Scott Hamilton! I’m going to comb through some playlists and CDs this weekend for sone others you might like.

Beethoven: I had the marvelous exoerience of singing in an oratorio society when I was younger. We performed the 9th symphony with full orchestra–so powerful, so truly awe-inspiring!

1 Like

That would be awesome to hear. You are the first person I know who has performed the symphony with orchestration, or the full symphony

We also performed Handel’s Messiah in its entirety, the Brahams Requiem, Mendelsohn’s Elijah, Ernest Block’s Avodath Hakodesh (Sacred Service), and Howard Hanson’s Lament for Beowolf, among many others. The director’s musical tastes were eclectic!

My wife had the good fortune to do that, too. She also got to perform Handel’s “Saul”, which is rarely performed.

1 Like

I just learned that there is a new movie about the Stooges. The movie is “Gimme Danger” it was premiered at the Cannes film festival last year and like the Stooges it is a hot mess. I cannot wait to see it.

Wikipedia says this about the Stooges:

“they sold few records in their original incarnation, and often performed for indifferent or hostile audiences”

That may be the funniest description of a band ever. I love it.

I’m a Captain fanatic! Ran across this a few years ago. Who knew Orange Claw Hammer was actually conceived as a sea chanty…

1 Like

Since the Stooges and Frnk Zappa got films, can Cpatian Beef Heart be far behind?

I love this “Burning Down the House” video

- YouTube.

1 Like

Zoot Horn Rollo (Bill Harkleroad) is still cranking and man–nothing sounds like this guy:

1 Like

Today it was announced that Leon Russell passed away following heart surgery in July. It was expected Mr. Russell would undergo additional heart surgery in 2017. Mr. Russell was 74

Tight Rope by: Leon Russell - From: Carney, 1972

Out In The Woods by: Leon Russell – From: Carney, 1972

Shoot Out On The Plantation by: Leon Russell – From: Leon Russell, 1970

Stranger In A Strange Land by: Leon Russell – From: Leon Russell and the Shelter People, 1971

Hummingbird by: Leon Russell – From: Leon Russell, 1970

Lady Blue by: Leon Russell – From: Will O’ the Wisp, 1975

This Masquerade by: Leon Russell – From: Carney, 1972

Back To The Island by: Leon Russell – From: Will O’ the Wisp, 1975

Magic Mirror by: Leon Russell – From: Carney, 1972

Crystal Closet Queen by: Leon Russell – From: Leon Russell and the Shelter People, 1971

Bluebird by: Leon Russell – From: Will O’ the Wisp, 1975

A song for you: Leon Russell – From Leon Russell, 1970

Roll In My Sweet Baby’s Arms by: Leon Russell – From: Hank Wilson’s Back, 1973

Queen Of The Roller Derby by: Leon Russell – From: Leon Live, 1973

If It Wasn’t For Bad by: Elton John & Leon Russell – From: The Union. 2010

Eight Hundred Dollar Shoes by: Elton John & Leon Russell – From: The Union. 2010

Hey Ahab by: Elton John & Leon Russell – From: The Union. 2010

Gone To Shiloh by: Elton John & Leon Russell – From: The Union. 2010

Jimmie Rodgers’ Dream by: Elton John & Leon Russell – From: The Union. 2010

There’s No Tomorrow by: Elton John & Leon Russell – From: The Union. 2010

Monkey Suit by: Elton John & Leon Russell – From: The Union. 2010

The Best Part Of The Day by: Elton John & Leon Russell – From: The Union. 2010

A Dream Come True by: Elton John & Leon Russell – From: The Union. 2010

When Love Is Dying by: Elton John & Leon Russell – From: The Union. 2010

I Should Have Sent Roses by: Elton John & Leon Russell – From: The Union. 2010

Hearts Have Turned To Stone by: Elton John & Leon Russell – From: The Union. 2010

Never Too Old (To Hold Somebody) by: Elton John & Leon Russell – From: The Union. 2010

A song for you - Leon Russell

Mr. Russell often said he wrote this song in less than 10 minutes. It was recorded by more than 100 artists.

Stranger in a strange land - Leon Russell