Diabeats

I will add that one to my preset internet channels. We are actually OK for classical music on UK-wide channels, AFAIK the only dedicated jazz stations are local to London

That’s assuming you can get a connection. We are about 6 miles from the telephone exchange, which means no ADSL broadband connection via the phone line. We have to use satellite broadband which is not only expensive but with our previous provider typically meant no broadband connection at all at peak demand times, and very often slow at other times. However we just switched to a new 30 Mb/s high-speed satellite system which means for the first time we can get internet radio.

Here’s something to enjoy this weekend…

1 Like

I dig Captian Beefheart, now you know it will drive my crazy for the rest of the day

Frank Zappa Cosmik Debries

Hey Captian Beefhart got me started. LOL

Todays Playlist,

The Beatles, Sargent Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band

“Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” by: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967

“With A Little Help From My Friends” by: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967

“Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds” by: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967

"Getting Better" by: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967

“Fixing A Hole” by: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967

“She’s Leaving Home” by: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967

“Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite” by ; The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967

“Within You Without You” by: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967

“When I’m Sixty-Four” by:The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967

“Lovely Rita” by: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967

“Good Morning Good Morning” by: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967

“Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” by: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967

“A Day In The Life” by: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967

1 Like

Shes Leaving Home

I truly love this song

Paul McCartney - She’s Leaving Home (Live)

1 Like

maybe one of the best albums ever.

2 Likes

The Moody Blues, Louis Armstrong, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Dvorak. Anything at all by any of them.

Did you know that Miles Davis got his start playing in Charlie Parker’s band?

ELP is by far one of the best classic rock bands in my opinion

“From the Beginning” by Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Trilogy, 1972

Here’s one of my favorite Bird cuts it’s from 1948 called KC Blues that has a young Miles playing on it. Unlike Bird he didn’t really play fast, but instead made every note count.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubmw5jvRvZU

1 Like

I’ve always adored ELP’s album art

Here’s my one of my favorite Louis Armstrong cuts for you David, it’s a WC Handy tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4vYCpZLZI

1 Like

I would have “liked” that six or seven times, but the system will only let you do it once. :wink: Great track.

I suppose I should also have listed Ellington/Strayhorn.

Can’t get too much better than “Take the A Train”. This video features Ray Nance playing his trumpet solo which was very influential and copied by other players, he recorded it just after joining Ellington’s band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6mFGy4g_n8

1 Like

One of my favorites is when Count Basie and Duke Ellington met for the first time. This album is OUTSTANDING

fond meories of cruising up the Pacific Coast highway in our Mustang convertible listening to this…

1 Like

Wow several lovers of swing music, somewhat unexpected. Basie and Ellington are my favorites of that era by a long shot. Have to give a nod to Basie as my fave, but that’s really akin to picking your fave of The Beatles and Stones. Personally I’d pick the Beatles although it’s really a photo finish.

When direct-to-disc vinyl was all the rage in the 70s, Harry James recorded a collection of swing classics, including a dynamite version of “Take the A Train” as well as “Corner Pocket” and bunch of others. It’s a terrific album.

1 Like

I miss music videos. :frowning:

This used to be what I looked forward too most (born in the early 70’s so I like a lot of the 70’s/80’s/and 90’s music until around the mid 90’s.)

Some of the “classic rock / singers” that I love include singers like Joe Cocker, Janice Joplin, Eric Clapton, Stephen Tyler, Michael Jackson, FREDDY MURCURY, Billy Joel, Elton John, Hall and Oats, etc.,

But some of the current singers such as Adelle, Ed Sheeran, Mumford and Sons (for their great harmonies), Elle King, Sam Smith, among others I do enjoy also.

I enjoy mostly songs by singers with unique voices and/or amazing harmonies (duets, etc.,)

1 Like

My top 12 on ITunes

Wish You Were Here by: Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, 1975

Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Pts. 1-5 by: Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, 1975

Have a Cigar by: Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, 1975

Desolation Row by: Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited, 1965

Dance Band On The Titanic by: Harry Chapin – Dance Band on the Titanic, 1977

Cortez The Killer by: Neil Young - Live Rust, 1979

Ramblin’ Man by: The Allman Brothers – Brothers and Sisters, 1973

Ventura Highway by: America – Homecoming, 1972

Carmichael by: Neil Young & Crazy Horse – Greendale, 2003

Dream on by: Aerosmith – Aerosmith, 1973