Diet soda choices

I went to get a diet soda from our company pepsi machine ( they have the monopoly in our company). Last week I had gotten a regular pepsi for a guest with low sugars, so I knew it was only one dollar. Much to my surprise, Diet pepsi is $1.50. I looked back at regular pepsi, $1.00! So I thought, uh uh, I’ll just get a bottled water. $1.50. Ok, how about ice tea-$1.50. Everything I could drink was more then the one I couldn’t drink, especially when my numbers were in the 170’s.
Now I know they didn’t do this just to screw with me, this affects all diabetics at work, and I work for a very large company. So now I am on a quest to find out why the non sugar drinks cost more, even water, in a vending machine. I am going to be keeping my eyes open at every vending machine I see to see if this is the norm or just something pepsi is doing at our company. I am just so shocked that a bottle of water costs more then a bottle of soda. When you go to a restaraunt, the diet cost the same as the reg. What is going on? The search for the truth begins.

Mike: That’s outrageous. Unless the diets/no sugars are in different size bottles from the sugary, it sounds like there is no reason for the difference. It also affects people who are on a diet or who are watching their weight, people who generally prefer water or tea over sugary soda. I’ve never seen a difference in price, except where its comparing different products, like snapple or vitamin water to soda.

Similar subject: Have you ever noticed that many restaurants have multiple flavors of sugary sodas, but only Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi? What happened to our choice?

Wow I never have seen that before. I get diets when I am out and sometimes from vending machines they are never different prices. However water is sometimes which I find strange.
Be loved

Diet is more popular than regular, at least in your office, and the vendor in charge of the machine has noticed and decided to make a profit off of that fact. There is nothing wrong with that, ethically or otherwise. You don’t have to use that machine and perhaps if enough people decided that the price was too high, the vendor would notice and take it down.

Jonathan, I completly agree. At least a lemon-lime alternitive or ginger ale, both available in sugar free. And have you ever seen the really good ones like Jazz at a fast food place or movie theater? One choice and we’d better be damn happy to have that one.
Oneless, you are correct. This last week has been the only time in 19 years I have used that machine since I usually just keep refilling my cup from a fountain we have available for free in the lunch room. So I will go back to not using it and encourage others to do the same until all sodas are equal. That sounds like if they raise the price of the reg to match the diet I would have nothing to complain about. I just want it to be fair for all.