Do you take Victoza? Introduce yourself here!

But I was below 120 and then it just went up one day and is staying in this range.

Saw my endo yesterday and because my BS is running high in the mornings she wants me to go back on Victoza. I was taking it before and it just made me sick all the time and I would throw up after taking it for a couple of days. I told her this and she told me to just stay on the .06 for a week and see how that works. My A1C is 6.7. I was put on BP meds about two months ago and a beta blocker and thats when I noticed weight gain and higher BS in the morning. I think I could take this Victoza alright if it just didn't make me sick and bloated. Does it get better? And should I take it if I already have a slow emptying stomach? I told her about this but she didn't seemed concerned. I'm 62 and take Lantus, 10 units at 9:00, Nateglinide 120 MG before every meal, Synthroid 50 MCG a day,Humalog 100 units when needed on sliding scale. Metformin 4 pills at night with a snack at 9:00. My triglycerides are out of control but I have had this problem all my life even before becoming diabetic. It is now at 314. I have to admit I am active but lazy about excerise. Any idea's on the the Victoza will help. I usually keep it in the refrigerator and take it at night, around 8:00.

Dee, my endo warned me when I started Victoza to stop eating immediately when I begin to feel full, and while my stomach may be a bit whirly for a while, it stays under control. I eat about half as much as I used to. You may already do this (stop the second you begin to feel full) but thought I'd suggest it as it works for me.

Last night 2 hours after eating my BS was 114. About 9 pm i ate a piece of cheese. This morning at 545 it was 157. I took the victoza at 130 pm yesterday. Any suggestions?

Day 3 of Victoza for me... I haven't felt much different. I do notice that my portions I can eatt has changed. BUT no side effects like the vomiting and nausea. I do feel full- if that makes sense. My BS are still about the same. How long did it take you guys to start seeing the effects? IS my pen bad since I dont have it in the fridge?
Thanks~

day 4 for me. No side effects noticed. My BS gets very high - my endo said it is because I stopped byetta (4 years on) and now on only .6 victoza.

Chica, I did see BS change immediately, but my endo had told my I wouldn't on the introductory dose (0.6). So I expect that is normal till you get the dose upped. Once you start using a pen you don't need to keep it in the frig.

I am a type 1 diabetic and my endo gave me Victoza to help with the insane post meal highs I was spiking. While yes it has helped tremendously (like where I was spiking up to 400 post meal not it does not even go above 150 but now I feel terrible and nauseous all the time (I am hoping it passes soon). But now to the more serious part I have had a couple lows and now they take FOREVER to come up. I understand why they take forever but can anyone give me some tricks to help

An individual bottle of oj does the trick for me. It almost makes a low a treat, as I have had to give up my beloved oj for breakfast as it is too carby.

Hi all, I’ve been on victoza for 3 weeks now and thank God the nausea has gotten better. I swear its as if I had the gastric bypass. Whenever I eat too much I feel sick to death. It does stop my cravings of sweets and carbs. Not sure how much weight I’ve lost because I don’t own a scale. I go back to Endo in 2 days so we shall see. I think this medication is a Godsend. I’m also on Jentadueto. Anyone take that?

I am a type 1 starting to become resistant to insulin.
My doc put me on Victoza. It works really well. and has also helped me lose 25lbs so far w/barely any exercise (winter) its starting to become warm out (ohio) so hopefully the weight will continue to fall off.

Denver, the weight loss effect is supposed to end after 6 months or so, but I have continued to lose weight and I have been on it a year. Mind you I have been exercising alot, but I think it helped me with feeling satiated, so i just don't eat as much. 60 lbs so far and no nausea - just really weird burping!

Hi T2 7 yrs 3rd eeek on victosa started on low dose 0.6, slight nausea reduce appetite, abit constipation, now on 3rd day of 1.2 dose from yesterday and today got diaohrea, so not sure if side sffects. Just fed up with it all, I also take metformin

I got used to Victoza and now don't get nausea any more. Gained weight over the winter, trying to get that back off.

I've been on Victoza for about a month now, and it is helping... My numbers have come down considerably, and I can pretty much get down to the 80-90's.. Though I maintain the .6 dose, as this medicine is VERY EXPENSIVE ($475 bucks for a monh!!!, looks like a car payment to me.. LOL)... So I laugh at the doc, because she then wanted to put me on Levemir and Novolog.. the Novolog cost $840!!! Good grief!!! That's almost my mortgage...!

Well, I wouldn't be fair if I didn't explain that in my last comment about the cost of Victoza, I found out why the medicine is so expensive, well for me anyway.. My insurance company tells me the Victoza is a higher Tier medicine, so I have to pay my yearly 'Family' deductible before they actually start helping with the cost of the medicine.. go figure.. So I have to spend several thousand dollars before I can get medicine.. I think it's hilarious... But in the least, now I know why..

Been on victoza for about 2 weeks now first week was 0.6 now 1.2 and i feel really tired and sleepy all the time. Im not quite sure if im losing weight but ivebeen eating significantly less.my bs is constantly 85 for the past2 weeks and thats good i just hate being tired all the time any suggestions on how i can counter this side effect would be gladly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Victoza worked for me amazingly well for about 6 months and then my body adapted to it ... I'm Type 1 and 2, insulin resistant. I quit taking it as a result. So bummed it quit working, it seemed like a miracle drug for a while.

I just started using Victoza on Tuesday, and there's no improvement in my glucose levels. I'm wondering if it will improve when I increase the dose to 1.2. The doctor gave me a sample pen. When I looked online for info on Victoza, I read that the pens need to be refrigerated before use. The sample wasn't cold. Could that affect the efficacy of the med? I've had no side effects so far. I'd really appreciate your input.