Does anyone have muscle cramps

I got woken up today with the worst muscle cramps ever. All I could do was hold my rock hard frozen leg and groan and pray for it to finish…

I don’t know if this has anything to do with D. But does anyone know how to prevent. I’ve had muscle cramps occassionally in the past, but this was to a new degree!

Still having some nos above target, but not terribly so (as I learn to adjust diet and meds)…

I get them frequently at night, especially I don’t drink enough water during the day. They are something fierce. When the night start out with them I know I am in for a long night with them.

i used to get them when i first had diabetes. what really helped was like jennifer said - drinking more water. also soaking in epsom salts helps too. when i couldn’t sleep because of leg cramps i would soak in a warm epsom salt bath and they would go away. you can also take magnesium and it will help too. eating nuts will help too and so will stretching and exercise.

dianna

I’ve had them alot too but I found that it was from high numbers for me. Also what Jennifer & ratgirl said.

I have wakened up with a cramp in my legs plenty of times. It has to be related.

I have them too sometimes. You’ll have more info on the following link :

Leg cramp

Muscle cramps are caused by vitamin deficiency (sp) or a big build up of lactic acid in the muscles usually caused by dehydration. In other words drink more water and take a multi-vitamin and that should solve it.

God I love Wikipedia!!!

I had them when I was diagnosed, very frequently at night. Now, I don’t anymore. I also had eye spasms a lot. It was very constant, and annoying.

I had the eye spasms. It is annoying.

I get them in my hands and arms a good bit. I’ll wake up in the morning, try and move my hand (usually my right one) and it won’t move. Simply. Will. Not. Move. So i just sit there until it goes away. (Usually in a few minutes or so)

I think it’s because i tend to fall asleep laying on my arms, so no blood gets to them through the night.

Regrettably I have and have found that by eating citrus fruits: oranges tangerines and similar products has relieved them; not the greatest thing for blood sugar, but will relieve the pain.

Low potassium also causes that, and Insulin lowers your potassium. So banana, potato, and an orange. Then bolus bolus bolus. lol

What is your current A1c and what are your BGs when you have cramps?

and tomatoes are a good source of potasium