Don't Drop Your PDM on a Friday

You’re not offending me, I promise. I have horror stories about MM, too. I was with them for 8 and they frequently p-ed me off.

You’re right on several counts. When Janet (head of their Customer Support) called me back after I spoke with Tom that day, she said she listened to my customer service calls and cringed through the first one as she heard what the rep was telling me and was glad I’d gotten the opportunity to speak with Tom. She talked with me for over 20 minutes and confirmed that, yes, they had PDMs (and FedEx labels) to ship in just such instances and could have had it out on Saturday morning and to me by Monday morning, and that, yes, I could buy a back-up PDM for $500 (that was the price she gave). She said that the first rep was wrong not to troubleshoot the issue with me and would receive training and review the call with her.

So in the end, I’m very satisfied with their responsiveness to the issue. I had a back-up PDM and a Cozmo pump I could have gone with and have since spoken with my CDE about the possibility of keeping a back-up long-acting insulin around, too. I just wanted someone to address the issue of the rep putting me off and telling a pregnant type 1 to call back Monday during business hours.