Eating and training for a marathon

I’m trying to figure out how to manage eating meals with my marathon training – especially at night. I generally run during the dinner hours, and don’t get home until at least 9 p.m. I don’t like to eat before running (aside from maybe a granola bar) but 9 just seems so late. It has, however, gotten a bit easier to swallow ever since I went on the pump, but still, it’s pretty late to be eating a full-on meal.

I’m hoping that you guys might be able to provide me with some tips/insight.

Thanks.

Katie

There are many T1 marathoners. Try a google search. I even think there’s a Diabetic Marathon team. My daughter runs marathons and sent me a guys name who she met. I’ll try and get it for you. I only run short distances, 3-4 miles but even those are hard to control. Always go low! I know a pump would help, maybe soon. Try the American Diabetes Association website.
Good luck

I am confused …I thought you posted the same discussion on Thursday of last week and you received responses …ah, I may have gotten it …you posted this twice on the same date , correct ??..you may want to delete one and ask the poster( s) to move the responses to the one ( and only ) …keep on running, country/province person :wink:

Thanks Barb!

you should write to nel peach. she knows a lot about this subject and/or can point you in the right direction to others who have been through training for a marathon. :slight_smile:

nevermind i see she just wrote to you

I too, and trying to figure out a good meal plan for my marathon training. I just ran a 1/2 and felt fine, and will do another one in about a month. My full marathon will be in Sept. I am a very petite older woman, and just recently diagnosed with LADA. Any suggestions??