Eating out- low carb options/alternatives?

Outback Steakhouse is really easy. You can get two kinds of simply fixed veggies instead of potato with steak and or grilled shrimp. Very tasty, I like the grilled asparagus and grilled green beans, satsisfying, and good on carbs. Also they have a handy meal planner online, so you can figure out exactly how many carbs in your whole meal before you go-including salad dressing.

Yeah, I often have a salad at Subway. But still high in salt.

Very high in salt.

Again, high in sodium

I would think that if you are getting rid of sodium, that would sort of get rid of eating out?

thanks for that info, I downloaded the app!

If you have a smart phone, Calorie King has an awesome app. SO helpful.

I had Subway last night, a 6inch wheat with tuna, provolone, and lots of veggies and pickles. The bread has 40 carbs and I added a couple for the extras.

I was told by my endo, 35 to 45 carbs in a meal is good. If your active, 60 could be okay. With the protein, my blood sugar stayed pretty stable. I think it's okay to eat a sub every once in a while.

I like Ruby Tuesday's. They have a decent salad bar available with all entrees. Also, I get their tilapia or grilled salmon with roasted spaghetti squash. They don't serve bread, just biscuits which I usually decline.