Frankenstorm - What are you doing to prepare

Dog coats and blankets! Blankets for everybody...

Don't forget pillows Trudy!

And fill up bath tubs with water to flush the toilets! My son is in disaster recovery and HE did not think of that one.

It is 5:30 and getting really wicked out there!

Spock, can you explain the why on that one? Someone else in another group said that but didn't answer why. I have had power outages before and was able to flush toilets.

Boy, he looks ready for action! :)

He is ready for any storm!

Only, he's got a Raiders sweater on! Being a Western PA dog, I'd think he'd be a Steelers fan! ;)

Ahah! I'm from Muscatine. And also a U of I grad. I was in Iowa City the day the 2006 tornado came through too, feels like I jinx it weatherwise.

Although it seems that more than any bad weather, the Coralville Mall (malls?) have destroyed the Iowa City downtown. When I was going to school in Iowa City (80's), the downtown was a pure joy, ThingsThings&Things, and Bushnell's Turtle, and Hamburg Inn, lots of small clothes and shoe stores and I think I visited them all with my girlfriend of the time (!!!), and the drugstore just south of Linn St that still had a soda bar (Petersen's? Pearson's?), and Duck's Breath Theatre performing at random events. At least Hamburg Inn #2 is still there! And the Englert is still there too.

I come from an anti-Steeler family! When I was in college, I was friend's with Chris & Matt Bahr's mother. Matt was a senior at the time and Chris kicked for the Raider's so that is why I picked them as my team.

If I showed this photo to my brothers, they'd be horrified, as they're both long-time Steelers fans! Oddly enough, my one brother married a 49ers fan and his eldest son is a Rams fan! Me, I could care less about the different teams, with the exception of the Ohio State Buckeyes, on which my neighbors' son plays!

Your brother's son sounds like my brother's sons. My brother hates the Steelers (and he even lives in Pittsburgh). When he was a kid, he used to say as soon as he was old enough, he was going to run away and go play football for the Miami Dolphins. He is still a big Dolphins fan and both of his boys are Steelers fans.

If the water stops (we lost water for 4 days with Isabelle) you can dip water out of the tub into the commode to flush it. Amazingly helpful.

It is not about power outages, but water outages. With all the rain and flooding, I would recommend that precaution to all on the east coast.

It is truly getting nasty here.