Friend diagnosed yesterday. advice?

Hey everyone! So once again I am at a loss so Im comming to you guys for help.

My best friend Gabi moved away a few years back. She now has a friend that was diagnosed with t1 yesterday. I dont know the girls name and I dont know how old she is, but Im guessing around my age, which is 16. Gabi asked me what advice I have to the girl. Ive been a t1 for almost 7 years (5 days will be my 7 year anniversary). I told her basically take it slowly cause if you take it all at once, youll get overwhelmed. I said I know it seems like its impossible now, but soon itll be routine. I also let her know that if she had any questions, Im here. (and if I dont know, I'll be right back here lol)

So what advice to you guys have for this girl? Im sure she could never have enough!

Stay in contact with other people with diabetes and especially those around her age. Doing that helps make everything else easier… because it provides support and understanding that is hard to get from those who don’t know what it’s like.

And don’t ever let Diabetes keep her from dreaming and fulfilling goals in her life!

Tell her to join Tu…Its one of the best communities out ther. 1HappyDiabetic.com is also a great resource.