This recipe comes from the website FurtherFood.com, which also provides commentary by CDEs, stories by people with diabetes, and more. Check it out and let us know what you think of it in the thread below!
Prep Time: 20 minutes, including time to freeze
Cook Time: 0 minutes
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut butter
3 tablespoons sunbutter (or creamy almond butter)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- Line 12 cup mini muffin tin with parchment liners.
- In a medium bowl mash banana with 1/4 cup coconut oil and coconut butter.
- In another bowl, mix sunbutter (or almond butter) with 1 tablespoon coconut oil and dash of sea salt.
- Put 1 teaspoon of banana mixture into each cup.
- Put muffin tin into the freezer for about 5 minutes until the mixture hardens into each cup.
- Scoop 1 teaspoon of sunbutter/nut butter mixture on top of the hardened banana mixture in each cup and spread it around so it covers the whole area of the cup.
- Add 1 teaspoon of banana mixture on top and spread to cover the nut mixture.
- Put back into the freezer and freeze approximately 5 minutes until set. Enjoy!
Per Serving: Calories: 251; Total Fat: 23g; Saturated Fat: 17g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 221mg; Potassium: 120mg; Carbohydrate: 9g; Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 3g
Nutrition Bonus: Iron: 4%