Funny hypo stories

Ok, hide sight is a wondrous thing, and as those on chat know I've had a few hypos in my time. Anyhow, some of them tended to turn out quiet amusing, and since many on here seem to fear hypos, thought why not bring out the funny side of them a bit. Or just use them to spot the major mistakes I made which caused them. If you have some, please tag some on :)

The Easter Egg Incident:
Well, as the title says it was coming up to Easter, and I was at work alone other than the boss who popped in occasionally. He dropped in just before lunch and said he would be back to cover me in 5mins. So did my injection as was only going to run across the road to grab a sandwich when he returned.

45mins later he shows up and I seem to do pretty much a runner across the street for a sandwich (no recollection of anything from this point so all provided third party). I somehow don't make it to the sandwich shop and ended somewhere up the street talking to a friend on lunch...before disappearing.

Over an hour later the boss has got concerned so calls the police. Police are at work and boss is giving them my description when over the radio comes a message that there has been an incident involving Easter eggs at the local supermarket. The boss immediately screaming "that's him!".

Meanwhile down at the supermarket, it seems someone had decided to launch themselves into the Easter Egg display. Originally believed to be drunk, but for one shop assistant not believing so and calling the paramedics instead. That bit was all well and good, got scraped up by paramedics and such and sitting down at the hospital coming round. I start wittering stupid things about one of the paramedics being an utterly gorgeous and an angel and pretty much every stupid thing you could imagine, as the part of my brain still running on the drunken hypo state seemed to of noticed the paramedic was the girl from high school I pretty much fancied in my early teens.

Long story short, made an utter fool of myself. And don't think she saw the funny side either sadly so even stupid hypo moments don't help on dating possibilities...

Dating Possibilities...
Or maybe not! It was a hot summers day, and BG was fine as I left work and was cycling home and hind sight again is wonderful in that my levels went through the floor.

Somewhere along the way home I have that hypo fuzzy blur vision of stopping to chat with someone and it would seem getting a very fuzzy name which was Carol or Caroline and a even more fuzzy phone number written in pen on my arm.

I did somehow manage to get home and fed on auto pilot. Noticing the arm later, and the sweaty blurred mess I have utterly no idea who she was or the number as they weren't readable! My typical luck, I can only get a date maybe while having a hypo!

Wheelie Chair Wacky Races
Short one this. At the time my office was on the ground floor (might also be why they moved me upstairs). And in one of my lovely hypo moments I seemed to of took off out of work, and out the front door, on an office wheelie chair going wheeeeeeeee with feet going like a scene from the Flintstones before taking off down the Main Street in town on it.

Training Day
Was a late night at work, finishing off a few jobs and was off to go home. Usual type things, I go to the toilet before going off home...

Next think I know I'm coming round surrounded by a large crowd. The surprised look on my face was one of those concerned, what have I done this time, who are all these lot kind of moments. All turned out I had a hypo in the toilet. Unfortunately (for me) to get me out things kind of escalated when it occurred on one of the towns emergency services training day...so they all decided to come! So there's me, trousers around ankles, surrounded by 18 fire, police, ambulance and mountain rescue types wondering what the heck was going on. Luckily the toilets were going to be destroyed in building work in a couple of weeks anyhow, so guess I was just helping out :P
What a wonderful embarrassing moment!

And Finally... (Please note this one isn't one of mine, this one was donated from my diabetic nurse, and yes I've tried to keep this as "innocent" as possible)
All turns out there was a young guy at uni. and doing all the usual uni. type things, going out partying and getting rather pickled and dancing around at the local club. All turns out he met someone and ended up back at her student apartment being rather "active" ;)

Activity (of any kind) and alcohol doesn't usually mix well with us D's, so early morning he's in a hypo and wondering around a strange student apartment looking for something edible. And being a student, the cupboards are pretty much empty. All he ends up finding is a bottle of rather stale milk which he attempts to drink. Unfortunately causing vomiting and such all over the no doubt already clean student apartment.

Poor guy's getting desperate now and remembers something from the night before. Going back to the bedroom and searching around he finds some packets of "flavored colorful rubber items" which he ends up sucking on.

Long story short, seems' the "flavored colorful rubber items" carried about 10g of carbs each. Although I was never informed how he explained it to her...

1 Like

LOLOL Thanks nya, needed a good chuckle today ;)

1) people with orange faces and green, plaid hair. Sort of like oompa-loompa, with plaid.

2) family (aunts, uncles, cousins, mom, dad, neices, nephews, the works...) turn into space aliens. Leap over aunts on couch to escape and my cousin, ex-special forces or something like that, tackles me so I don't take a header down the steep, ill-lit stairs

3) wake up naked, on the bathroom floor, with cranberry juice all over me and the walls (?). Guests en route for New Year's Day brunch...

Once in the middle of the night, with a bg pretty dang low, I wandered into the kitchen to treat the hypo with a small bowl of cereal. Get the bowl, grab a box of something off the top of the fridge where the cereal is supposed to be, pour on milk, eat. But... hmmm... this hypo treatment seemed more difficult than chew and digest than most though.

Next morning I wake up, go to the kitchen, and find a cereal bowl filled with milk and soggy unshelled peanuts.

Ohh that reminds of of kitchen story also Tim...

I don't remember much of the what happened, but the clean up sheesh. All turns out I had tried cooking a pizza (in the box) in the oven, before transferring it to the microwave...which doesn't seem to of fitted. Somehow, some banana's got involved with it, and they seemed to of been unzipped at the time. As you all know, zipped up banana + microwave = BOOM!. So somehow it must of seemed a good idea to mix a pepperoni pizza and bananas in a rather exploded mess in the microwave.

Judging by the trail from the freeze of ice cream, I think more cooling recovery carbs were found elsewhere :P

This was my first low, I wasn't even on insulin yet but had just started glyburide a sulfonylurea. I remember watching a movie on TV and found it amusing that the main character, a action hero, was blue. I eventually realized that I was low which for me was a new experience. I treated the low and soon went to bed without watching anymore of the movie. The next morning I was telling my son about the movie with the strange blue guy. My son laughed out loud and said "Dad you were watching the animated movie The Hulk and the guy wasn't blue he was green." I hadn't until that point realized that I had been watching an animated movie.

In college I went to the grocery store to get some groceries. Went low at some point while shopping and my typical 15 minutes of shopping turned into probably about an hour. I couldn't make a decision about anything! I'd stop and look and look and look...at all the items on the shelves. Eventually I made it to the checkout with chips and orange juice and when it came time for payment I'd tried my best to write out a check but it essentially turned into a check with scribbles all over it. Unfortunately it was the last check in the book, so I had no way to pay. I told the clerk I'd come back an pay later and proceeded to roll my cart out of the store. Today, I would probably get arrested! I sat in the car and drank a quart of Orange Juice. Eventually I drove home got another check book and went back and paid the clerk.

I think about it today and have no idea how I didn't pass out in the store.