G7 and Medicare

I just found out that I cannot get the G7 under Medicare unless I get the receiver. I’m not eligible for a receiver until 2025. The out of pocket cost is $1,500. I never used the receiver. I use my iPhone.

John

I think $1,500 USD is 3 times the price of $449.99 USD. That’s the same price I had to pay for a G6 Receiver over 2 years ago. Medicare Part B DME requires that there be durable medical equipment. In this case the receiver. Check around, there may be better deals than Diabetes Test Strips. It’s just the one I found.

I’m not sure, but hope that my Tandem pump will count as the DME unit for G7, if G7 gets approved for Tandem. I would hate to buy a receiver to join the one in my swollen D drawers. The pump takes the receiver Bluetooth channel - can’t have both.

Oh, I am on Medicare, first got the G6 for a year, then the pump.

I called them and I can get the receiver for $449. But, they don’t take medicare or any insurance. I need to find someone else instead of Edgepark.

Update: Aeroflow Diabetes seems to cover medicare and my secondary insurance. They said with the GoodRx coupon, you can probably get the receiver from a pharmacy for about $75.

John

1 Like

Goodrx shows much lower prices, some under $100.

However, not sure if would have to prove you bought G7 receiver without using MC cover it.

https://www.goodrx.com/dexcom-g7?form=carton&dosage=1-receiver&quantity=1&label_override=dexcom-g7

1 Like

Thank you for the coupon.

John