High Altitude= High BG!

I visited my aunt and uncle in WY over Thanksgiving and while it was a fun time and incredibly beautiful, I haven’t seen BG numbers like this since I was diagnosed. I knew that the altitude would effect my numbers, but I was surprised by how high they were. It was definitely an insulin resistance thing too, because I upped my basal by 20% and was in the 140s before dinner (while not great, acceptable for a few days). I have not had any kind of dawn phenomenon, as long as I stay under 60g carb at breakfast, which is easy. My post breakfast numbers were high 200s/mid 300s, even with 40g carb. Since I wasn’t there for long, I was just SWAG bolusing because I really couldn’t figure out exactly what was going on. My afternoons seemed slightly less rocky- opposite of my flat land tendencies.
I did learn that I need to start my increased basal the first night to head off a morning high and prevent a day of chasing highs.
Otherwise, I had a wonderful time. Lots of wildlife. Some family, but not too much :-).
I also realized that I hit 4 national parks this year- Everglades National Park, Cape Cod National Seashore, Bridgier-Teton National Forest and Grand Teton National Park. I think that is a record!