High BG after a nap?

I tested after an afternoon nap and it was 199! What happened? This was about 6 or 7 hours after my last meal and I took my regular dosage of Novolog with my meal. I was so surprised, I took another measurement and it was 200.

Chuck-

What did you eat??? You might have had something that was high in fat…it takes longer to Digest (Manny taught me that one). Are you stressed about anything???

its a typical lunch I’ve had dozens of times. It was around dinner time, so I had a light dinner, took a little bit more insulin and about 1.5 hours after dinner, my BG came back down to 110.

I can’t really explain why BG would be so high after a nap but I’ve been having roller coaster days. Yesterday I went from 160 to 80 in less than 2 hours. It made me dizzy.

I hope it gets back to routine tomorrow.

I am not always, but pretty likely to be high after a nap…no clue why. There doesn’t seem to be a connection to what I’ve eaten. Another of life’s small pleasures ruined by this illness!

If I miscalculate my insulin bolus for a meal (fats can often be the culprit, as mentioned), and I decide to take a nap, it can happen that I really pass out and sleep for quite a while. High bgls make me really sleepy! It doesn’t happen very often now, as I have a pretty good handle on what foods will leave me with crazy highs later on (Chinese food, for example - it’s evil!!!).

That’s a good point. It might be the high BS, caused by any millions of things, making us want a nap…