Highs after Pod change?

I think we have a system pretty well down. We do a .4 to .5 bolus before the change, then deactivate immediately after. Get the new pod ready, filling the reservoir with the fill hole up, then let the pump prime while the fill hole is still in the upward position (tilted in the plastic container it came in). When we do the canula insertion, we pinch the skin to ensure that it goes into a good "fatty area". After a successful insertion, we give her a .5 bolus again.

That seems to work best for us. I think it's pretty well established that there's a priming issue on these pumps. (In my opinion) you just have to "get it going" in order for it to start delivering the basil properly.

Of course, while we were getting this system established, we were doing the pod changes around 4:00 in the afternoon so we could monitor her. We were too aggressive a few times and had to catch her before she went too low, so keep that in mind.

Our daughter is just over 2, so she's not taking much insulin. I think that's the main reason for her highs after the pod change, since not getting .2/hr for 2 hours will shoot her up into the 400's pretty easily.

I can't wait for the NEW pods that have the canula a different color so we can SEE it in the window. What's the point of having a clear tube behind a window that you can't see?