Hypo at least three times a day...I need help!

Hey guys…
I’ve got quite a while till my next clinic appointment and I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice…
I’m a T1 and have been for about 10 years I have recently started gettingh hypoat least 3 times a day… and boy is it bugging me…
I walk to uni - about 20mins each way and this never seemed to have much effect in the past (I’ve been doing the same journey for about 8 months)
I’ve been slightly stressed lately - thought nothing unusual again nothing huge has changed…
I did an experiment today and I woke up with a 4mmol/L and decided that I wouldn’t do insulin for the breakfast I ate… it turned out that 3hrs later my bm was 6.5mmol/L no where near what it usually is if I don’t do insulin.
I still got hypo this afternoon even though I hadn’t done any insulin! Maybe it’s my basal rates… but I never get hypos at the same time so it would mean they were all wrong… the same could be said for my carb/insulin ratio…
any help woult be amazing… cos I’m really at my wits end…

Your basal rate is likely too high. If you went low even after not bolusing for a meal this is the only likely conclusion. Could be because of the extra exercise, being in overall better condition, change in weather - whatever. Try lowering your basal and see if it improves.

I agree with Jag. The first step is cutting back on your basal. A 4.0 (72) is a pretty tight waking number so you certainly have some room to loosen up.

Maurie

Have you lost any weight? If so, your basal needs could very likely go down. Your carb ratios would likely go down too.

Good point Marps and especially because of the walking, this would make sense.

I’ve been in your shoes. I actually still suffer many lows in a day, however that is due to pregnancy :slight_smile:

It’s worth scaling it back 0.05 on your basal just to see. Do that for 2-3 days and see if that helps.

Have you changed anything in your diet recently? Like maybe stopped drinking coffee? Any new/stopped medications? Might sound far-out, but have you changed your insulin spot to a new area that you really have not used before?

Ditto re basal. Also, did you just get your period?