I will not apologize for my behavior!

WHAT?!?!??? Clearly another example of the sexism in our society and how far we still need to come to give women's needs equal priority.

Why, just yesterday my new $1,295 TCS (Testicular Cancer Stopper) codpiece arrived via FedEx. It's quite comfortable, with a plush liner. I got the one with the Domokun imprint on the front. Stylish!

Let me see if I can get the keyboard to work this time... grrrr, apologies was attempting to better edit, and spell check. Sheepish embarrassed look...

no worries, christalyn...I'll share this, I had some dude email me saying I should "try herbs and oils and STOP taking insulin as it's poison." Seriously, I'm a type 1 diabetic who was DKA when diagnosed...so, yeah..there's ignorance all over the place. I sent him back a copy of this photo, type 1 child before insulin discovery, asked him where exactly he would suggest rubbing that 'snake' oil into on this skeletal, bones protruding dying type 1 diabetic child. told him to go get his pancreas taken out, have all his insulin sucked out of him without the ability to produce anymore and then get back to me regarding what oils and herbs he's using while he dies a very horrible, painful death..ugh! Diabetes of any kind takes a toll on all of us, they both are a awful.

[391-type1beforeinsulin.jpg|attachment](upload://rCWqR9eUsi40GOcdm4rF7y16LGc.jpeg) (67.5 KB)

That photo is CRAZY! it is hard to believe those tiny little drops of insulin save live us!

wow, thanks for that info, really interesting!

And what makes it doubly frustrating is any diabetes blog has to carry a 'not medical advice' disclaimer. Yet these cure scams hidden behind pay clicks are allowed to operate. Makes no sense.

You and I may need to get together and start a media campaign on how to report accurate information about Type 2 diabetes. I am very very serious about this.....

I am going to report your experience on my personal blog

Count me as one who'd rather have T1. My sister has T2 and I've watched her struggle her whole life with metabolic issues. I think you all have an incredibly difficult battle to fight and I was relieved when my antibody test came back positive. Of course, all of us would rather be non-D!

Actually Dave, I do mean it when I say that if I had to have D, I'm glad I have type 1. It suits my numbers oriented, way too organized nature. To me, type 1 is math and science - yeah there are rogue events and bg's but by and large I can keep on top of it. Metabolic syndrome" to me seems like trying to nail jello (albeit sugarfree) to a wall.

ditto, i think t1 is simpler. im t1 but lots of family is type 2 and have had problems getting appropriate care-reserved for t1s-and the stigma that goes with it is pretty awful!