Identifying areas of scar tissue

You’re not supposed to go closer than 2 inches from your bb. I do the thighs, where I have some fat, but I switch to the sets with a 6mm cannula when I do it there. I get my husband to do the lower back ( under the rib cage, where there’s fat) and the back of my butt.

LOL:)

Interesting:) I did some Rolfing for about a year because I was so tight and exhausted feeling. It was GREAT. The Rolfer commented that my tissue had a lot of resistance/stiff in my abdomen and upper legs…we talked about my injections there. It definitely increased circulation to the area after a treatment (1 hr)…many benefits. Thanks for the reminder…may go back eventually.

I remember feeling like the “skin” had a lot of resistance and then when I puncture it…the set went right in. This was way back when I used Sils. I have been using the QuickSets for some time and have no idea if I have resistance.

Above belly button (as long as you’re outside at least 2-inch-radius of bb) is fine. Some members have mentioned that they have to stay farther away than that from bb to get good results. I guess it depends on how “ripped” is the abdomen. Mine, sigh, is nowhere near “ripped.” But that does mean I have lots of good pokable real estate!

Nel…can you get a sample from MM…or do you have to get one from your diabetes educator? I just want to try 1:)

Patricia , I received one sample from a Nurse , who does contract work for MM and held a session with pumpers here in my community …then I called MM ( my pump phone number , which is the US for me ; they contacted MM Canada who sent out 4 samples . When I told my Nurse Educator , that I was interested in the Sure-T ’ s ( Thanks to Dave :slight_smile: her first response was : do you really want to have a needle in your body ? I still think , a lot of educators, pumpers not aware ? So go for it …worth a try in my opinoin …another plus for me : I can reach the back of me , without asking for help from hubby …more less used " real estate "( I like this description , ha, ha ) to be used now.

WELL, IS HARD TO SAY WHERE YOU HAVE SCAR TISSUE, BUT IF YOU INSERT A NEW CANULA, AND YOU SUGARS GOES UP WHE YOU SEND A BOLUS, MEANS PROBLEMS WITH THIS, IF YOU MASSAGE THE CANULA YOU ARE GOING TO RECIVE A WARNING NOT DELIVERY, THIS IS THE REASON BECAUSE I USE SURE T, YOU CAN TOUCH THE PATCH WITH THE NEEDLE. GOOD DELIVERY