If You Have a Facebook Account, Please Help!

Today seems to be a day of haters. I signed on to my Facebook account, and found found two messages from a group called "Dear Diabetes" about offensive content that people had found. The first one I saw was a video on YouTube from 2 years ago in which the 17 yr old playing a "professor" character claims diabetes isn't terrible -- we with diabetes are. Between the child's inarticulateness and his fake moustache, I found it difficult to take him seriously.

More serious is this "group" on Facebook called "I Hate Diabetics 1 Million Strong". While the vast majority of people who joined his group are people with diabetes or parents of children with diabetes -- all to be able to slam his group and tell him what a jerk he is -- it's still offensive content and falls outside of FB's Terms of Service. If you have a Facebook account, I encourage you to follow the link I provided, scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click on the "Report Group" option on the left hand side of the screen, just under the links. FYI, you do not need to join the group to report it, and I would encourage you to not join the group just so you can yell at him.

The more FB users who report this person, the more likely it is that FB will remove both the group and the individual who created the group. Thanks for your help!

The true thing about bad people is that if you ignore them, they will go away. Dont give him a second thought. The only thing smaller than his brain is his penis:).

Shocking what he has written and quite upset at facebook for allowing this kind of group to be allowed,
Esp when there are young children with diabetes.Arghhhh

I just checked it out and thought it was sorta funny. Dont let it bother you I think some one is just making a joke.

Yeah, I think he was just trying to be a “troll.” These are people who are not being serious, but they want to get a serious reaction out of people because that makes them happy, and it seems fun to anger others… I just reported him anyway, because it’s not good to have people going in there and getting all worked up.

Can’t help at all. Heck I just started on Twitter last week! LOL! FB? That one is waaaaaay over my head!

I agree that I think it was just trolling. He probably thought all the serious responses were quite funny. I also couldn’t take what he’d written seriously. I reported it anyway, as I don’t think even pretend “hate” should be acceptable.

LOL! So true! It’s why I didn’t join, but simply reported the group. Someone else who follows “Dear Diabetes” called a person he knows who works for FB and is looking into getting the guy removed. I figure if many people report it for being offensive, there will be more justification to remove this teeny-weenie. :wink:

Agreed, Jennifer! Trolls do look for highly emotional issues and try to push buttons for their own amusement, and this does appear to be a troll who thinks he’s funny. It’s why I didn’t respond but simply reported him. Respecting the dignity of all people is important, and allowing a group like that around does not respect anyone’s dignity, IMO.

Doris, you certainly look like you’re doing a great job handling this board! Give yourself a big hand and don’t doubt that you could hnadle more if you want to! :slight_smile:

Yeah, those statements were offensive, but I also agree with Lizmari, who describes him as a troll. It’s best to report the group to FB corporate and to not feed the troll by showing him how upsetting his comments are. It just keeps them going.

I think this person/s just have too much time in his/their pathetic hands…trying seek attention. Sigh…I don’t know what they actually get out from this.
I reported it though…

Ugh I think FB might just have to wait! LOL!

Thanks for the post Angela. I reported them just now. I hope it does some good. eeek the trolls abound

I could not find the group on Facebook, and the link you put in took me not to the page, but to FB’s Home page. Hopefully that means it’s been deleted.

The group is this still there… And the guy is now changing his tune, and saying he has Diabetes… and that the group was opened up as a joke, for himself and his friends… Perhaps he should’ve just made it a private group, and specified a little more… heh.

I guess just do a Facebook search for People who Hate Diabetics.

I forgive haters as that is God’s way and added to facebook

The most common belief is that they get a feeling of power and control from their actions. To trolls, it’s funny to get people in an uproar and the longer they can keep it going, to them, the funnier it is. The majority of trolls tend to be young males, though not exclusively. Frankly, I don’t think it’s funny at all, but then again, like you, I’m not male, so I suspect that my female brain just doesn’t get it!

Thanks, Pauly! The trolls have always been with us, and will likely continue to be with us.