I'm over it

Agreed… pumping has some ‘different’ issues than MDI, but I wouldn’t consider them worse than the constantly balancing act that MDI is.

Elizabeth-

Sorry things are bad! You said you have had a occulsion alarm several times in the last bit? Have you tried calling your pump company? Those random but frequent alarms may be telling you something. It could be your pump is having issues and needs to be reset or replaced. Another thought would be to replace the battery in your pump. Sometimes it just make me feel better to have tried everything.

Good luck, keep us posted!

Yeah, so today wasn’t any better. I’ve tried everything and I’m supposed to go to Florida tomorrow. I will be calling my doctor first thing in the morning.

So here’s the crazy part, I figured what the hell, I’m already high, might as well enjoy it as there’s nothing that I can do. So today with lunch I had a regular mountain dew and bowl of fruit, well, I started out with a BS of 210 and only made it up to 280. It was weird as that usually will just about tap out my meter. Something is definitely up. I’ve changed sites everyday and I’ve gone through my three back-up vials of Novolog and none of them seem to be working, though, I guess they are a little bit…

As far as aerobic exercise, I’ve been doing what I can, but I’ve been too far up there to even think about exercising.

Oh and yes, I’ve been watching for ketones, so far, only trace to small… nothing major!

i’m doing pretty good with mdis…both sound hard anyway

Did you see my Dex graph on the front page from this morning? I think things are leveling out for me a little bit… FINALLY.

I’m on the higher end after dinner tonight but I stayed in the mid-100’s most of the day without any extra effort, which felt like a HUGE accomplishment after this past week. Normally I strive to be well under that, so frustrating is a rather mild way to put it :slight_smile: Today I just decided not to stress out about it, and ended up being low for a while… go figure!

I really don’t have much to blame this on other than female hormones… Aunt Flo is due to visit starting tomorrow so I’m going to blame this all on wicked bad PMS, even though this is so far above and beyond what is typical it’s almost unbelievable. I’m going to talk to my endo and see what is going on there. I’d personally be interested in getting my progesterone levels checked post-ovulation to see just how much my body is pumping out…

No, but I will check them out… Yeah, this is the week after my visit and since Aunt Flo’s no longer around, it’s suppose to be a nice relaxing week… but not here! Seriously, I think there’s something in the air! I’d like to see the 100’s again… it will be nice. My average in my meter right now is 204. I guess I’m blowing my 5.5 a1c! hahaha…

Yeah, my A1C is due next week and I am so freaked out :frowning: I was really making some serious progress, but sheesh… I bet this last week has all but ruined it. My meter average for the past week is 247 :frowning:

Man, I hate those days. Have you tried exercising? Sometimes I seem to get insulin resistant for hours or even a day or more at a time for reasons I can’t explain, and can try swapping sets, swapping insulin, taking huge boluses, etc., with little effect - the only thing that will bring me down at those times is exercise, the longer and harder the better.

I know you said you feel fine, but have you thought of the idea of an infection of some sort? When my skin breaks out, when I get the sniffles, when Im stressed, anything “abnormal”, I see an increase in bs readings and little change when correcting. Also, is your site in or around scar tissue? That throws me for a rollercoaster as well.

I hope things get better soon!

I know this feeling. Sometimes I get sucked into a diabetes black hole of frustration. I’ve noticed the harder I try the worse it often seems to get. I’ve finally decided that some of my hights were caused by the frustration itself.

I feel like my face is smashed up against the window trying to figure out what to do. I have learned to step back a few steps and look at it from a bit of a distance.

It works for me. Best of luck and keep us posted.

I’m convinced of it too… when I stopped caring things seemed to settle down for me… so who knows.

stupid stress! i hope everybody feels better

sorry you are going thru this!! this would happen to me a lot while i was on the omnipod! i would get so frustrated and literally throw it (don’t worry, not too hard! can’t afford for this expensive piece of crap to break!) lol …my boyfriend would say “hang in there, it’s not the end of the world…” which it sure felt like it was! try not to stress, because that may be the enemy, too…try and relax some…take a relaxing bath or whatever you do to get your mind off things…once you relax and try not to worry, your sugars should come down…or at least that is what happens for me :wink: …first few days of crazy sugars and i get all tense…once i relax and try to think about positive things, my sugars start evening out…i have a lot of stress in my life, so i feel the need to relax, very often! haha! hang in there, chica!! :wink:

myriah

maybe aunt flo is the major culprit…gosh i despise her!!

myriah

Hang in there, Elizabeth! Sometimes the numbers just don’t make any sense. I had 4 days like that last week where nothing went under 200. It’ll get better. A basal adjustment and new carb ratios and this week has been much better for me. Don’t give up!!! I made good use of the temp basal feature - I kept increasing it by 10% until the numbers became more reasonable. I hope you feel better soon.

Unfortunately, Elizabeth, you are going to havr to do the basal testing and retesting. I have been high in the mornings for about 10 days and like Dave, I “revenge bolus” with any 225 + high. But that keeps me on a serious roller coaster all day. I do not wear my MM CGMS everyday, but I am going to have to start doing so, untilmy morning numbers get in line. Basal testing in the middle of a busy life is not fun, but so very necessary…Honey, It WILL get better.

God Bless,
Brunetta

Thanks guys. Yeah, it’s still not any better and this weekend, I was at my parent’s house in Florida and no matter how many units I took, I couldn’t lower. I had a mid afternoon high on Saturday of 485 and it took me no joke, 6 hours of revenge bolusing to be able to get it to move down to 260. I was so thrilled with 260 that I left it and that was 6 hours later and a total of 20 units via my pump and then 10 with a syringe. I have increased my temp basal now to 40% so I went from a TDD of 40 units to 75- 80. The good news is that I have an appointment with my doctor this week so maybe, just maybe I can get this figured out…

I really know the answer to this, but is it possible… About a week and a half ago I stopped using the inset 90’s 9mm sets and switched to the Inset 30’s. I make sure they are completely inserted and everything is good, but is it possible that could be throwing my numbers off? I honestly don’t think so, but it’s a tad coincidental… Just wondering!

It’s possible, but hard to say… I use a variety of sets and it never made much difference… I tried 4 different kinds last week when I was having trouble.

My TDD is normally 50-60u… there were days last week where I tripled that and still barely got under 200… a couple of days I am sure I didn’t.

OK, I’m throwing this out there. Does anyone ever have this little glimmer of a thought that someone/something is sabotaging the insulin supply?

I know that is WAAAAYYYYYY out there…but is it really that far of a stretch?

Thought about this too… lol… went to a different store all together and got another vial of insulin… still had the same problem…