Inside the little plastic box

It was a few days ago. I started to write a blog in French and another in English, and I was thinking about " what can I write". I know the subject of my French blog: I want to share the informations that I know and tell my story… Once again I must say that there are not so many french here but many members understand or write my language. And it’s not easy to write about my diabetic life in French! Why? Because it’s my language and I can use more words, translate more feelings through those words. When I write in English maybe I have something who protect me and sometimes I write and think in this international language… So I was asking myself how can I begin a blog. And the answer is still in the shadow of my brain. So I made a blog where I write about Frio and a little story about the day my insulin has been frozen at Aix en Provence, a long time ago. And suddenly this story recalled me that there was a box, here, and I opened it. In this little plastic box there was my museum. My old syringes made of glass, one of the only french plastic syringe( no more French products now) and those so long and strange needles who gave me fear and pain when I was a child.And the dropper from Ames… 1967/few months in 1968 and after my parents discovered BD syringes…

old syringes

yesterday and today.

the dropper.
It was my prehistoric age. And I wrote something about them on my English blog.
And this the link with my French blog (where I wish to tell the world about TuDiabetes)
http://brisabel-raffinerie.blogspot.com

that old equipment strikes fear in my heart!

Ah- that’s really cool! I love seeing how much things have changed… you can only imagine what the future holds if we’ve made this many improvements.

my god, that needle looks the one i just bought, to inject marinade in Turkey!!

Merci de nous partager ces vestiges d’une autre époque. Je me trouve chanceux d’avoir été diagnostiqué en 1992 !

Wow - looking at all the medical devices we used to use makes me shudder - but we are alive today because of them. Because I’ve moved so much, and unable to bring things when I came back to Canada, all my odds and ends of diabetic control stayed behind. The life of a diabetic living out of a suitcase :slight_smile:

I just went back to look at the needle from our glass syringe I used. I still can’t believe - I used that on my body? :slight_smile:

Merci Brigitte!