Insulet Omnipod DASH™ System Mobile Apps Now Available for iOS Devices

EXCITING NEWS!

ACTON, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Insulet Corporation (NASDAQ: PODD) (Insulet or the Company), the leader in tubeless insulin pump technology with its Omnipod® Insulin Management System (Omnipod System), today announced the full market launch of the Company’s Omnipod DISPLAY™ and Omnipod VIEW™ apps for those using the new Omnipod DASH™ System. The apps are now available to download from the iOS App Store.

READ the ENTIRE release HERE!

This is another step toward hopefully eliminating the PDM and allowing complete control through a person’s own phone. I wonder if that will be possible even before the release of the Horizon system scheduled for late next year? Horizon will reportedly require a user to have an iPhone, at least initially. I sure would like to get rid of the PDM since I already use an iPhone and a Dexcom G6. Total control with one device would be fantastic.

Just in case the engineers are reading this, I want my PDM. Hehehe, sorry Jim2. There should be an option for both.

1 Like

Me too!

There have been too many times when my phone did not work that I wouldn’t like to rely on it for my insulin delivery. I met a young lady at a local restaurant who has the new Dex G6 and she uses her phone as the receiver, but her phone battery fails on her so she doesn’t get her bg readings. I’m still on the G5 with the old style belt clip receiver that I charge about every seven days or so. If it (using your phone) works for you, that is wonderful! But, I too would like the option(s) to keep my PDM (with glucometer) and old style belt-clip Dex G5 receiver.

I would imagine there will be an option for a dedicated PDM, but doubtful it will include a glucometer since the Dash system uses a repurposed Android phone.