Insulin and cold weather 2

Wanted to post a reply to this discussion, but it's closed for some reason. Nothing bad in the discussion that I can see -- why was it closed?

Anyway, I've noticed the same thing the last 3-4 days -- I'm experience lows 2-3 times a day following my usual routine, ratios, etc... in fact, on a pump, these things are automatic.

Prior, I rarely had lows. Yesterday, I was fighting to get up out of the sixties all day, bolusing normally. Turned my 1U/hr basal off completely for several hours (I'm T2).

We'll see how it goes today. It's rather strange.

BTW, I'm just south of Amanda in the South SF Bay area (where I work), and Santa Cruz area (where I live). 100-150 mi south of Zoe, I'm guessing.

I'm about 250 miles north of the Bay Area, actually - witness the fact that the hills around my house are currently covered in snow! I'm still continuing at a lower level of insulin - about 20% I think, though my lows seem to be tapering off now.

Every time the seasons change --hot to cold, cold to hot--my insulin needs change. I have no idea why, but it has been like that forever. I have to make pump changes or I will be low a great deal. Sometimes the BGs go high, but low is much more frequent.