Insulin pump and airport/TSA procedures

Not to mention that the pump manufacturers in North America have still said that none of these machines are safe for the pump, regardless of what their European counterparts have said. Animas Canada still sends me a card with every vacation loaner that explains this. Until they suggest otherwise, I won't even think of going through the machine. Its just not worth it.

The pat down is harmless anyways. Takes less than 5 minutes and you're on your way. :)

I agree with the need to be our own advocate when opting out of using the scanner. When I have been faced with the prospect of using the scanner, I have always told them I can't and would opt for a pat down. Even if they say it is okay.
Has any one here used their FREQUENT FLYER account to avoid the scanner? I have for the last couple of flights and it has been WONDERFUL. I just go through the metal detector and pick up my things at the end. Then I am on my way. I get to leave my shoes on too. Check it out.

You know, I am gonna start a new thread - airport experiences identified by airport. So we know what to expect.