I plan to join the original Medicare Part B with a supplemental Plan F (UHC via AARP) and a Medicare Part D (by WellCare -ValueScript PDP) in November 2019. I am currently using Tandem T:Slim Pump for the insulin injection. Before signing up for any plan, I would appreciate to know:
- Presumably, Doctor’s pump supply prescription and supporting data need to be sent to UHC for approval, since the insulin pump supply are under original Medicare Part B DME and the deductible/20% copay are under Supplemental Plan F.
- Who will supply Insulin (Humalog or Novolog)? UHC or WellCare.
- Does Doctor’s insulin prescription need to be sent to WellCare for approval if Wellcare supplies insulin? WellCare then delivers insulin and collect the copay from UHC. Can WellCare refuse?
- Wellcare 2019 Formulary includes Insulin Novolog under Part D, not mentioning about under Part B. Will this be a problem?
- Will insulin supplier allow for Insulin Pens prescription as a backup in case of pump malfunction if I pay for insulin pens under Part D?