Invokana ---- new Diabetes drug for Type 2 from Johnson & Johnson

My son is a research scientist for Johnson & Johnson. He was recently awarded their Philip B Hoffman award for outstanding achievement in Research & Development.Only the Johnson Medal is more prestigious than this award. So proud of him.

Johnson & Johnson has just released a new class of Diabetes drugs for Type 2. Known chemically as canagliflozin, Invokana is a member of a new class of diabetes treatments called sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitors that lower blood sugar by blocking reabsorption of glucose and increasing its excretion in urine. of glucose and increasing its excretion in urine. Anyone interested, talk with your Doctor to see if this would be appropriate for you.

Congratulations on your son's achievement! I am sure he is just taking after his mother.

Congratulations to your son! Out of curiosity: is there any increased risk to kidneys of an individual who is on the drug for a while?

Congratulations to you both! What a fabulous achievement ;)

Congratulations! What a fantastic achievement! You must be very proud of him.

Thank you all. He is a PhD in Pharmacology. I am an RN & at least got him interested in Healthcare. The rest he did on his own =)
@ Capin101 Invokana is contraindicated in patients with renal failure or end stage renal disease.
I know potassium & creatinine have to be monitored.Best to inquire with your Doctor to see if it could help you.

Wow that's awesome! Congratulations :)