iPad replaced my laptop

Since school started, I have been carrying my iPad and leaving my laptop at home. I haven’t activated the 3G but wi-fi works fine all over the campus. I love the iPad touch keyboard. It is silent so doesn’t interrupt the class when i type notes. It took a little practice to get good at typing on it but I have small hands and that made it easier.

So far, the iPad has done anything I need to do with my classes. There are a few other students that use iPad instead of a laptop. I do my reports using Pages and when they are finished, I email them to myself and print them on my computer at home. I can’t wait for the new OS to come out so I can keep 2 apps active at the same time. Then I can be playing a game and write a report. If the instructor comes over I can switch to the report.

In short, I love my iPad. I’m so glad that my father got it for me.

The iPad don’t do everything a laptop can do i just ment it can do everything I need to do at school I use it for taking notes, writing reports, researching on the web and play games. Used in conjunction with my desktop at home, i don’t need a laptop any more.

I love the way the battery lasts all day and then some. I love the fact it is smaller and much lighter than a laptop.

Hooray for your father!

I’m not a student, but find myself leaving the laptop home, too. It is an essential part of my reading, communication and business. The screen is ideal. I bought a separate keyboard, but never use it. The on screen keyboard is great. My son in law uses it for his business. He owns an IT support business in downtown St. Paul and has switched to the iPad. He has trouble with his hands from the ‘old days’ of writing code, but says the keyboard on the iPad is great for him. I have the 3G up and running and rely on it, too. My niece uses the stylus. I love Pages.

It is not a toy by any stretch… the fact that the app store is up and running with games is fun, but not the real meat of iPad. Angry Birds or business, this is a great device. I do all my reading on the iPad, and don’t miss the trouble it took to read on my iPhone. I rely on and love my iPhone, but the iPad has refined and enhanced usability. The size is its genius. And I’ll love to get folders on the iPad along with the new OS.

I bought the iPad because I could and am geeky enough to be an Apple supporter. I’ll keep the iPad because it ends up being a very smart device. Too bad Apple doesn’t have discounts for the loyal, happy customers! I did get a free jacket with the apple logo once when we purchased 4 computers in one year due to high school kids and college kids. That was the last freebee, except when they replace the nubs on my laptop when it has to go in for repairs!

Mostly, I love being a part of the innovations in the computing world. One thing leads to another. I’m wondering what will be the very last OS I’ll have to learn in my lifetime!!!

When I found out my father was sending me an iPad, I researched it on the web and came to the conclusion that it was just an over-sized iPod Touch. Well that’s exactly what it is BUT with the amazing apps that it has it becomes much more. The larger screen makes it practical to use for reading books, writing, web surfing and dozens of other things.

Since I got it, I have been collecting music videos. I enjoy music much more in the music video format than just audio. If you look around the web, there are hundreds of music videos that can be downloaded free (no sure if all of them are legal). As a photo album the iPod is almost perfect, with newer apps it could be even better. I love the way you can zoom in on a section of a photo.