Is CGM better with MM 670 than with the 630?

You would do just as well divining chicken bones to get glucose levels - Based on my wife’s experience with medtronic sensors

2 Likes

I used to refer to Enlites as a random number generator

4 Likes

I started using a pump in Jan 2014 (minimed 530G with enlite.) While I LOVED the pump, the sensor SUCKED. Wake you up in the middle of the night with “40 BG LO!” and then test at 135. Doctor said “you’re not calibrating correctly, you’re not calibrating enough, blah blah.” No, I was. The sensor is just crap. And it would usually get worse with day progression, and not last the whole 6 days because of how wonky the numbers were. Fast forward to January of this year (and a new awesome endo, hooray!) when my warranty was finally up and my insurance could cover the 670G with the Guardian. I just started using the sensor for about a week now, and while my numbers aren’t 100% accurate, I notice a big difference from the enlite. I’m lucky enough to also have an AWESOME nurse who also is a T1D and has been using the Guardian in Automode with the 670G for about 4 months now and can’t say enough good things about it. And she has the graphs, A1C decrease, and legit personal reviews to prove it–different from a Dr. or salesperson’s suggestions. Of course that’s just one person’s experience. Everyone’s different and she told me it will take awhile for my pump and sensor to “learn” my patterns and how my body works to get better accuracy. I’m not talking from a cornucopia of experience with the 670G and guardian sensor, but I am agreeing with you that yes–the enlite is complete garbage. Literally, anything would be a drastic improvement (in my experience). Too many tears of frustration and stress from the enlite sensor. I agree with @Dave44, it is essentially a random number generator.

2 Likes

Is there anybody who has tried Enlite with Minilink on 530G vs Enlite with Guardian 2 Link on 640G who can share the experience? I have a friend who is running the 640G with G2L and he is super happy with the readings.

One more vote for the Guardian3 vs Enlite. The Enlite system was horrible at best for me, and coming from several generations of Dexcom, the performance of the Enlite very nearly made me cancel my 670g upgrade entirely. Fortunately, my trainer convinced me to hold out for the upgrade. I’m glad I did.

how many days do u get on a sensor, Underarock?

I’ve only gotten less than 7 days once, when I pulled a sensor off once. I’ve only recent begun to experiment with extending the usage. My first try yielded another 5 days, the second another 4. Currently (third attempt) I’m at 5 days and still reading very close to my meter. The trick is to NOT move the sensor when you disconnect the transmitter. If you are doing the whole over-taping routine, this makes it difficult. I use only one piece of tape over the top of the sensor/transmitter and haven’t had any issues. The medtronic tape is very good.