It Is Not Your Fault

When our child is newly diagnosed, feelings of great guilt and anger overwhelm us. You are not alone. Maybe this can help...It's Not Your Fault

I was lucky enough to have someone who worked in ICU to come up and speak these words..."you did nothing to cause your daughter to get type 1 diabetes,there is nothing you could have done to prevent her from getting Type 1"...I have no idea why he circled me and returned to me 3 times to repeat those same words while looking me straight in the eyes...He just knew. That still did not prevent me from feeling the full weight of guilt when we got home.How does a 12 yr. old little girl go from a normal everyday life on one day to her world being turned upside down and changed from that day on.I prayed and hoped there was a mistake but there was no mistake...It's not my fault,I know that now.But it still hurts on some days that I can not fix it...She is in college now and we are living and doing and moving forward.Hoping for good things and always encouraged that there will be a cure.I believe it ,I refuse to not.