Ive been put on crestor

hey everyone ive recently been put on crestor for high cholesterol… 10mg i didnt really know to ask the doctor what my level was but i just wanted to know if any of you are on it and what if any side effects are you having while on it… along with what dosage your taking…

I was put on crestor at the outset, but stopped taking it after a month. Soon after my next check up, my endo told me to stop taking crestor- go figure. I would say it’s all about your diet, and exercise.

Everyone is different but I have a pretty specific diet- I hardly eat red meat, lots of chicken, fish and shellfish- plenty of rice (and I find basmati rice to be best on my blood sugar), whole wheat bread, and lots of low glycemic index carbs (such as peanut and almond butter, hummus, apples). My last cholesterol levels were on target, and this is with less than moderate exercise.

That being said everyone is different. I’m a food nut, so that is to my advantage- some people don’t get nearly as into as me.

yea she said she doesnt want me on it long… i mainly would eat alotttt of garbage pepperoni, hotdogs, hamburgers and so on to avoid my sugar level going up… but ive cut all that out now i hope when i go back to the doctors it will be better because im only 26 i dont wanna clog my arteries…

I had no side effects when I was on it. I was on 10mg the same as you. After my levels dropped back into an acceptable range the doc took me off it. Its not that bad, and it does work…

I have been on it for a few years. When your kidneys stop working properly, your liver tries to help out, and one of the side effects is the liver spits out extra cholesterol. Read the possible side effects, though. If you get any of them, even slightly, tell your doctor immediatelly. If you get any side effect from cholesterol medicine, besides it making you a little sleepy, it can kill you, literally. I knew someone who was on Lipitor. He told me his lower legs started hurting about a month after he started taking it. I asked what his doctor said. He said he hadn’t told his doctor. At my nagging, he told his doctor and his told him to stop taking it immediately. Everyone reacts differently to that stuff. Better to not take it at all, though.

Crestor is a statin. Statins are widely prescribed for cholesterol, and are considered safe regardless of many web-based myths and stories. The odds of your experiencing side effects are minuscule. The benefits are great. Consider a $4 Walmart alternative statin. And always use logical, rational decision-making when taking any drug. Cut through the fog generated by people’s horror stories!

I have looked into the the cholesterol heart hypothesis and the studies on statins. The idea that statins are safe and that side effects are rare is patently false. A significant fraction of patients experience side effects and the side effects can be severe. Contrary to claims, the benefits of statins and cholesterol control are not particularly significant. Most of the recent studies of the benefits of statins have been disasters (i.e. they just did not work). Statins overall have not been found to have much positive effect on overall mortality. If you really want to reduce your chances of CVD and reduce your chances of an early an untimely death, then there is a wealth of evidence that tightly controlling your blood sugar can achieve that.

Always research yourself on these topics and discuss your decisions with your doctor. Even if you decide to decline your doctor’s recommendation you should talk it over with him, listen to what he says and let him know what you have decided (even if you think he is full of cr*p).

well ive been on it for 2 days now and no side effects or atleast any that im aware of she said as soon as it comes down she will take me off it… but i mean after all the trash that ive been eating i cant really expect less! but now im gonna eat better and being im on the dexcom ive made a meal plan and stuff and im gonna stick to it the best i can…i really want to go to the gym but a bad motorcycle left me where its hard to use my whole right side from TBI… but i guess i will see!

Verboden Statin’s…?