Just a randm question for everyone

im just curious about other peoples treatment plane. such as what typ of insulin do you use ,how many times a day do you normaly check your bg and what brand meter do you use o and if you take shots then how often?
pls forgive me for any misspelled words

Treatment: intensified conventional therapy (short ICT): In this treatment you will select a dosage for your shot that is appropriate for the amount of carbs that you are about to eat. You have to guess the number of carbs based on experience or nutrition information (carbs in gram or other weight units). Then you will divide the number of carbs with the carbs/insulin ratio (carbs covered with one shot of insulin). For every hour of the day there is a carbs/insulin ratio. These ratios will be found over time and you have to fine tune them to adjust to changes of your body over time. My dosage for lunch (40g of carbs, 5 carbs/insulin for lunch time) would look like this: 40g / 5 = 8 IU. In Germany we are thinking in bread units (BU) not in carbs but the result is the same (40g/10g = 4 BU * 2 = 8 IU).

Insulin: NovoLog (rapid), Lantus (basal)

BG measurements per day: 5-10 in mg/dL

Glucose meter: CareSens I by i-Sens (very reasonable pricing of glucose sticks)

Number of shots: 3 (rapid) + 2 (basal) at least

To give you are more graphic insight in this ICT treatment you are invited to take a look at my current numbers (just grab the diagram with the mouse).

6 units lantus every morning, 1 unit aventis with every meal, ultra meter and i check when i feel like it haha usually every morning and 1 hour after every meal i haven’t had before or when i’m otherwise unsure of my levels. maybe 3-6 times, depending. on my low carb diet its easy to stay in control, and its hard to mess up.

I use Humalog insulin in my Omnipod. I check my bg about 5-10 times depending on my activities for the day. I use the Omnipod PDM which is a freestyle and I also use a Freestyle Flash. How much insulin depends on what I am eating when. I have different ratios throughout the day.

thank you ill check it out today

thank you

thank you im thinking about getting an omnipod if medicaid is able to help out with the pods

I take Lantus (basal) 8.5units at 7 am and 3.5units at 10 pm. I take Humalog (short acting) 1 unit for each 10 grams carbohydrate at breakfast and lunch, and 1 unit for each 7 grams carbohydrate at supper. I test between 3 and 8 times a day. I use a One Touch meter and a Dexcom monitor. I take no more than 30 grams carbohydrate for a meal and 10-15 grams for each of 2 snacks daily.

IM ON THE OMNI POD PUMP, USING APIDRA INSULIN I CHECK BEFORE EVERY MEAL OR EVERYTIME I EAT AND AM TRYING TO CHECK 2 HOURS AFTER EATING

I DO ( WELL MY PUMP CALCULATES IT ) BUT I GET ONE UNIT OF INSULIN FOR EVERY 10 CARBS I EAT

Brazshell:

I am on the Minimed Paradigm 722 pump. I get a constant and (at different times of the day) my basal rate changes slightly so that I don’t go too low at an one given tme.

I check my BG in a.m., before meals, and at nighttime. Sometimes in between. I give myself boluses to cover the carbs I will be eating before each meal. The pump calculates this! Boy, and I getting lazy! I do this before every meal and, possibly, at bedtime if I feel I’m too high. Sometimes the Bolus Wizard won’t let me give anything because is says that I have “active insulin” still inme to handle it.

As to the misspelling (or even typos), you get ten lashes with a wet noodle!!! Oh the shame!!

I don’t think I’ve left anything out. My regimen is fairly simple. They didn’t want to get me into all sorts of calculating and ratios, etc. They figure that all out for me when they set me up on the pump.

I hope this helps you

Lois La Rose, Milwaukee, WI

ty so much

thank you i like the way you decorated your pod

thank you lois

I use the Omnipod System and humalog.
I check my bg’s 4-6 times. I bolus with every meal not with every snack

I use the Omnipod pump w/ Humalog. I have a basal rate of 0.45 u/Hr… and it’s the same all day long. At meals, I bolus (I average about 3 units per meal). I don’t eat snacks, but if I want to… I’ll just bolus for that. I check my BG before meals and when I go to bed. If I’m curious, or don’t feel well, I feel free to check it a few extra times throughout the day. So, usually, I check about 6x a day.