Just had Chinese food for the first time in a long time

and what a miserable fail. Bolused accordingly for 3/4 c fried rice and an eggroll - 1 1/2 hrs later CGM alrams that I am Hi. BG = 297 - highest I have been in a long, long time. Guess Fried rice isn’t even safe. UGH. Sorry for the vent.

Oops, sorry for your experience! I personally can’t eat rice at all and the eggroll would just add to the carbs. If you want to eat Chinese food, better to skip the rice, and stick with just a stir fry, making sure they don’t add a sauce with sugar.

Or cornstarch. That’s added as a thickener.

Can’t say I eat Chinese foods but I’m kinda like Zoe and Gerri here. Rice of any kind (fried or bolied whatever you do to it) is NOT for me.

I can get away with their steamed fish, siomai (steamed pork, chicken, shrimp or beef dimsum) and prawns…Love their veggie spring rolls too. No rice and sauces though =(

Probably the oyster sauce in the fried rice. It is unpredictable, because it typically contains sugar and cornstarch. I eat chinese food and pizza on occasion, but I never consume either after 4pm, I am Type 1, so I take insulin, but usually one injection doesn’t cover the chinese food. If I took enough insulin, I’d be low 2 hours later, and probably 200 or more 4 hours later. It’s a headache, but so worth it to me to check my blood sugars every 30 min to 1 hour for about 6 hours, occasionally, like probably 3 to 6 times a year.