Lost my best friend, Roo, my austrailian shepard/husky mix, this week after 15 years together

I had to put my best friend down this week due to problems from old age and arthritis. He was 15 years old and had been with me since he was 4 weeks old. I couldn’t stand to see the pain hw was in due to the joint problems, lost hearing and eyesight. He was my best friend and as a friend said, he was with me longer and more loyal than any man I have had in my life has been. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, and I was with him right up until the end and brought him home to bury him in my back yeard next to his cat, Michael. I bawled like a baby when he passed on but, I know he went over the rainbow brigde where he can play all day like a puppy and is pain free and happy now. That is what is important, not how much I would have liked to keep him with me, that would have just been cruel to make him continue to suffer. I did this on tuesday but, it took me until know to be able to write about him. Once I became diabetic he seemed to know when I was low and would hang around touching me until the bg began to climb up to where it should be, like he knew he had to keep an eye on me. He was the first dog I myself had ever own. Even my vet said I had him alot longer than most people have a dog that size, I guess it is not usual for that size dog to live so long. He was always there as my buddy. Offered his love unconditionally, always! He went with me on road trips, he used to sleep on the top of the stairs to guard the upstairs when I went to bed at night and hated it if anyone raised their voice at my mom, even my dad, he would growl at him when he did. If I had a pic on this computer I would put it in for you all to see, but my big computer is down so all I have is the laptop and I don’t have anyway to add a pic thru this one. I really miss him, but I know he is better off and no longer in pain.
Have fun playing in the rainbows, I know you will be there waiting for me, when I join you, as you always greeted me at the door.