Medical bag waiver with Ryan air and emirates

Has anyone called Ryanair to request a medical waiver for a medical bag? Were they difficult and what do they ask you? Is there a specific size for the bag you must meet?

And do you require to send them a medical letter from your doctor at the time of the request or do they just tell you to have one on hand in case you are asked at the gate . I don’t see my doctor until later but I want to apply for it now in case it’s a long process.

I couldn’t find anything with emirates on medical bag, does anyone have experience with emirates and what their policy is?

Does airline have a website? If so, check there for restrictions and medical exceptions.

In US, it is Security that makes the rules.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/medical

I’m sure I can bring the medical supplies, my question is more on having an extra bag without cost. I think this is specific to the airlines and have nothing to do w TSA.

Already checked the websites, just after people’s experiences so I can have the right info available when applying

@MM1 .

In the USA, what you can bring is TSA limited. It is up to the airlines to decide whether the Med Bag is exempt or not.