Medicare Part B Temporary Insulin Limit

My CVS pharmacist just informed me that Medicare will not allow a 90 day fill of insulin under Part B “until July”. Patients are being allowed a month’s supply at this time, regardless of how their prescription is written. I was able to obtain a one-month supply for May and am guessing that I’ll be allowed the same amount for June. Just sharing this to help others plan ahead. (I’m assuming this is connected to the change in the patient cost of insulin that’s effective some time in July.)

1 Like

I just received my 90 day supply of insulin this week at Walgreens

I thought I was all alone with this problem! It’s really messed me up! In June, I went to my Kroger pharmacy to pick up my 11 vials of insulin aspart for my usual 90-day supply. I only received 5, and she said that Medicare is no longer sending out insulin’s for the 90 days- only monthly supply. That means I’ll have to go pick it up all the time (good thing Kroger is close). It is a hassle, really. (I do realize that over 90-days that I actually get MORE insulin this way though!) More to the story- on 8/2, I picked up my 5 vials of insulin aspart. Then I received a text feeling m Kroger that an Rx for Fiasp was ready to pick up!. I’ve never used this. They said that my insurance Medicare Part B, (since used in a pump) didn’t cover insulin aspart any longer. What? I had just picked up my COVERED insulin aspart! Needless to say, this morning s getting CRAZY!

1 Like

Fiasp Is insulin aspart with the addition on Vitamin B3 which is to make it work a little faster. The odd thing at least one pump Tandem is not approved for Fiasp.

1 Like