Medtronic announcments September 18, 2020 Part 2

Medtronic today announced that people who use medtronic sensors and who do not have insurance support inducing Medicare. here is the announcement in its entirety:

*** Official statement**

We are thrilled to offer the CGM Access Discount for people who don’t have CGM insurance coverage, including those on Medicare and want to use the full Medtronic insulin pump system. Our hope is to help reduce the burden of cost when it comes to those who don’t have coverage, by offering CGM transmitters and sensors at a discounted rate. We’ll have a webpage and flyer for you to share soon and will post it once it’s ready. Until then, to verify eligibility, customers should call us at 800-646-4633 (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm CT). Interested in a CGM transmitter and sensors, ext. 21629, interested in sensor reorders, ext. 21063 and interested in an insulin pump, ext. 21055.

My required disclaimer.

I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

2 Likes

I was told today that the info about this is on the Medtronic website and on the Facebook page at Medtronic and that everyone got an email on this opportunity.

Is this true?

Ty

Sally

Interesting, Rphil2. MT is extending the hand of friendship to decrease hostility between them and the pt community, I think. They may be asking us to give peace a chance. I wonder if that will work.

- YouTube

Sally:

this was released today, it outlines the program.

rick

940M23614-011 CGM Access Discount Customer Flyer vf.pdf (242.3 KB)

1 Like

I called Medtronic three weeks ago and was advised I qualify to purchase Guardian 3 sensors at $60 a box (5) because my Medicare Advantage insurance does not cover the sensors. They were received two weeks ago, but I have not yet received the bill. I will confirm the price when I receive the bill.

1 Like

I received my Medtronic bill today and I was charged $60 for each of three boxes of five for a total of $180.

so it worked?

rick

Yes, it worked great. Now I don’t have to search E-bay and Amazon for black market sensors

1 Like