My Dream Glucose Meter

My dream glucose meter would:

• Have the precision of the new Nano from AccuChek (15/15% vs. the current FDA standards of 20/20%).
  • Allow me to test without having lights on (like the VerioIQ from OneTouch does).
  • Connect to my iPhone to save the need for cables (like theiBGStart from Sanofi does).
  • Be as affordable to use the one announced by Walmart earlier this year (18 cents per test strip).

How unfortunate that we normally end up choosing on the basis of affordability, though...

What is your dream meter like?

All the above plus for those of us on MDI the abilty to calculate pre-meal bolus like the Insulinx glucometer from Abbott Labs.

Emmy started a discussion with the Insulinx meter
http://www.tudiabetes.org/groups/group/show?groupUrl=freestyle-insulinx-glucometer&id=583967%3AGroup%3A2649603&page=3#comments

I've just won a Freestyle Freedom Lite meter. You are able to test on various test sites on the body as well as fingers. I just like the lancet, really the most painfree I have used.

My dream is that one day there will no longer be a need for a glucose meter.

Well said Unknown Diabetic. That's something we all dream of.

I've been using the new WalMart meter and I am very happy. To be honest I think it is more accurate than my One Touch. Or maybe when I get that WTF reading It doesn't bother me as much to retest.

I read something where one of the meter companies was trying to explain why strips cost so much(oh..come to find out they are made with Gold...give me a break). I think that is all smoke and mears. Has meter technology really change in the last 10-15 years to still justify 1.00 test strips. I don't think so.

All I want is 100% accuracy!

I would like one that floats, and says "Thank you" after each donation of blood!

Good one Rusty.

Sometimes life is just too much on this river of life! Chill, life is just a journey and we all are just passengers. IMHO

All of the above, plus bluetooth instead of RF on meter, CGM and pump.

ALL OF THE ABOVE + WHATEVER...HAHAHA.

A METER THAT YOU JUST TOUCH TO GET YOUR BG WOULD BE NICE.NO NEED FOR STRIPS &/OR LANCETS.:)

Someone wrote to me on Twitter: "a meter that doesn't exist.. because you don't need it... because you are cure!" ;)

Non-evasive would be my perfect meter. Hands down. Litterly! ;)