My Lula

Just want to say how sorry I am. It sounds like Lulu was a good friend and had a good friend in you. Hope your memories can bring you comfort.

Lula was a lucky cat. She owned a devoted human that loved her very much. I'm sure she will be greatly missed by her human.

Zoe I know that it is hard to lose such a loved pet. You took good care of her and she surely had a blessed life.

I'm sorry for your loss

Gary S

You guys are so amazing. I can't tell you how much it matters to me to hear all your caring words. I live alone and tend to be an introvert which is mostly ok - it's who I am, but even the most self sufficient person needs comfort sometimes. It's amazing how much a source of comfort a cuddly furry friend can be. Now I have to comfort myself - with a little help from my friends

I am so sorry. Take your time to find peace with your loss, Zoe. I am glad she had a good death. RIP, Lula.

Zoe,Yes we are your friends and share your sorrow.Lula was a special friend to you and I am sure the pleasant memeories you have of her will comfort you. So wonderful that she did not have to suffer.

God bless.
Brunetta

Thank you, my friends. Last night I couldn't sleep until 5AM; hopefully tonight I'll be able to sleep earlier. I feel exhausted.

Hi Zoe. I am so sorry! I am glad that I got to meet your beloved Lula ever so briefly.

Thank you, Melitta! She was a character!

Really sorry to hear that Zoe :(

I am sorry for your loss. You replied in one thread with a personal note about your cat and that it needed injections. I am sure Lula had a good time with you and her age is proof of that. Cats have strong character and when they are gone this reminds us of our own uniqueness and fragility in this world.

Ze, I´m so sorry your lula has died. it´s a blessing that it was quick and she was frolicking till the end . It´s especially hard for those of us who only share our homes with our pets. It´s an incomplete type feeling for a while without them.
I share my flat with a little lovebird, Julio, and when she´s not on my shoulder or stealing food, she´s flying around looking for trouble. it will be hard when she goes too. i hope y0u are feeling chirpier soon.

Oh Zoe, I am so sorry. We lost our Winston a couple weeks ago. He had been sick for about a year and was starting to hurt. We just could not watch him continue to waste away. And you are right, I keep looking for him where he always was. But I know he is not in pain any more. Now I'm gonna go before I start bawling at work. Take care Zoe.

Zoe- I am so sorry for your loss of Lula. I am glad we recently made contact and you shared info about Lula. She had a good life with you and you have wonderful memories of time spent with her. Pets are members of our family and we love them as such. I am glad she had a good death, no suffering. You will grieve for a while, but as time passes you will remember the good 18 years you had together. RIP Lula

Thank you everyone for so much understanding! I'm sorry about Winston, Randy. Was he a dog or cat? I looked on your profile but didn't see a pic. (It took me 3 years to get mine up!)Yes, it is an intense responsibility to decide for them when it's too much, and they trust us completely to do that. You take care as well, your loss is also very fresh.

Know well the emptiness the passing of a beloved furry leaves behind. Their little footprints are on our heart. Am so very sorry about your darling Lula. Eighteen years is a very good life, but if she lived to be 30 it still wouldn't feel long enough. I'm grateful Lula went on her own, choose her own time & you were spared the additional heartbreak of deciding when to put her to sleep. No, never makes a sense how in a split second everything changes. Hope your grief heals quickly. Sending healing thoughts.

Thanks, cat. Yes, I know you understand, and I'm glad we "talked cat" as well.

Thanks, Gerri. Yes, that was a good phrase, "in a split second everything changes". I keep wanting to rewind the tape and "go back to normal" with Lula bugging me every few minutes to open and close the back door for her. I've had that experience with (too many) people as well. I even spent ten hours in the ICU with a very old friend a couple years ago before she died. I still think, "Oh I should call Tami and share this thing with her". And since I retired five years ago, I've spent a huge chunk of my time with Lula next to me. I've never spent this much time with any person...lol

He was a Maine Coon / Siamese nix. Fourteen years old. He was like a Chucky doll. Nowhere in sight, then all of a sudden you would turn around and there he is, staring at you from across the room. The hurt is a little better after watching some video from 3 years ago before he got sick. It helped in understanding that we made the right decision. Still, a bog hole in my life now. This is the part I really don't like about having pets, but the other stuff is just so good.

Their many habits are intertwined with ours. For me, the worst time is in the morning. Morning fogginess before reality sets in & I'm conveniently not remembering that part of my life is gone.

Yeah, I know what you mean. This morning I woke up and I was sleeping on the same little teeny corner of the pillow that Lula always relegated me to. I didn't want to turn over to see she wasn't lying there on the pillow. I even missed her standing in front of the toilet while I peed blabbing to me in her siamese way. (Sorry TMI)