Neuropathy?

I’m certainly not disputing for some people the treatment method prescribed by Dr Bernstein works wonders. But let’s be clear that it’s not a magic bullet solution, and some people simply won’t get the results he proclaims they will following his advice.

Having said that, I fully agree that it is entirely possible to limit your chances of getting Neuropathy, or ‘reverse’ it. I say that with some hesitation as I’m not clinically trained, nor do I properly know the science behind this but anecdotally it’s possible.

The key is to lower your A1c, lower your standard deviation, and keep physically fit, which typically also corresponds to the two other points I’ve just made.

Bernstein offers some great insights, his theory of smaller numbers means smaller mistakes I think in some ways is key. However, there are other ways to achieve optimal control in my opinion.

1 Like

I have anecdotal evidence from many people including Dr B himself that normalizing blood sugar reverses many forms of neuropathy, but reducing A1C to 6% won’t cut it. It is a long term all in strategy. I have never seen, experienced or heard of any other way to normalize blood sugars, than to go low carb, and pretty much micro manage. I agree it is no panacea but boy does it take a load off of one’s shoulders. Carb counting is almost impossible for most people, and I just don’t understand the absolute insistence from many people (and specially from other diabetics!), on eating carbs. The one thing that will damage our health and cause horrible complications is carbs, so why on earth eat them? Physiologically we just don’t need them and evolutionary we were not designed that way. But following Dr B is not easy. It is no panacea, but compared to roller coasting and dealing with complications it is a breeze.