Thrombocytopenia.
We area located in the rural
Midwest, which makes advanced
Care difficult to get
Self employed, and carry a $6500
Deductible insurance.

So, we are just hanging on.

1 Like

@Holding_on Your post came through just fine!

Welcome to TuDiabetes :slight_smile:

You’re not alone here; it’s a good place to come, learn, ask questions, help others,…

Keep hanging on and start to hang out here!

2 Likes

Welcome @Holding_on, I am sorry you have so many difficult conditions to ‘juggle’ . If you have any specific questions please use the forum, I am sure our members will reach out to you.

Have you thought about applying for disability. I live in a rural area so I understand the challenge. Have you 8nvestigated an exercise program you can do? getting support here is a good place to start. Good luck. Nancy50

In a pinch, you can substitute NPH for of Lantus. It is over the counter (no prescription needed) and $25 at Walmart. Everyone will tell you that NPH is not as good as Lantus. But, for people who are ‘just hanging on,’ I like them to know its out there because NPH is better than no insulin at all. I know that Lantus is expensive. I used NPH for a decade as a kid and no harm, no foul - I am still alive. That used to be all we had. We were all on it, some time ago. Sometimes I really wonder if $300 insulins are really worth it.

Best of luck, Midwest.

1 Like