New insulin Fiasp

Does anyone use Fiasp Insulin … ever since I started using this insulin I have FLU like symptom that I cant seem to shake… does anyone have the same symptoms …? I feel so miserable since starting this new insulin i want to switch back to the old one…

I use novolog and fiasp, which are both insulin aspart and don’t have any side effects with either. If it’s causing side effects I’d talk to your doctor about switching back…

1 Like

Curious what you use both for? Plus Afrezza? Do you find NovoRapid and Fiasp have different speeds? (I’ve never used NovoRapid, but Fiasp is much faster for me than Humalog or Apidra.) I’ve been using Fiasp for more than a year and a half with no side effects.

I just got a few samples of fiasp from my doc I’ve never actually had an rx for it. So I just have been experimenting with it. I do find it appreciably faster than novolog / novorapid for corrections, but nowhere near as fast as afrezza.

I do imagine pumpers could see some appreciable benefit with it

(IPhone)

1 Like

Could be coincidence. Or maybe not.

You did not mention which insulin you were using prior?

Fiasp “IS” Novolog with two extra ingredients.

Do you have ready access to the insulin you previously were using?

1 Like

Fiasp is the only rapid insulin I’ve used but never had any side affects other then going to low but thats my own fault.

1 Like

I have been using Fiasp in my Pump since November. The only side effect I have experienced is a lowering of my A1c.
I spoke to my endo earlier this week about using Afrezza to treat spikes and he advised that Afrezza has been shown to cause pulmonary problems.

1 Like

That is inaccurate. Afrezza was shown to exacerbate preexisting pulmonary problems. Those are two very very different things.

1 Like

Were you using Novolog/NovoRapid before or a different insulin? If you weren’t using Novo you may just be allergic to insulin aspart. If you were, maybe it’s one of the additives causing you trouble. Either way, if it doesn’t work for you, switch to something else. I noticed something strange on Fiasp where my skin starts to get a yellow tint near injection sites when I use it on MDI. I’ve even seen this where I inject Levemir, which is strange, but I don’t see it anywhere when I stop using Fiasp anymore. Who knows, we all react differently to different foreign substances.

1 Like

Thank You to all who have responded to my post…I guess i need to go into detail more of the insulin I’ve been using before. I have been using Novo Rapid before starting on Fiasp for a number of years have no problem with it. Ive only been on Fiasp for a couple of weeks. I’m also using Tresiba as my long acting insulin.
not as happy with this one either …feel like I had more control with Lantus.

I have been using fiasp for several months, and find that its rapidity makes things simpler - I sit down to eat and shoot up! I too tried tresiba for 3 months (with fiasp obviously) but found it way too hard to control. Terrible spikes, both high and low, and lovely perfect periods in between… I have gone back to toujeo and am feeling happier and more in control.

Be sure to explore other basal options, including a split dose of Levemir or Lantus. Tresiba is one of many good options on MDI, but not superior or inferior to other basals. They each have unique profiles and some can better meet your needs over others.

I never tried it