New to Tresiba

hiya! brief lurker here, just found this site when i was doing research on tresiba (sp?) which i was just prescribed and has been jacking my numbers! i have been a t1 for maybe 10 years, i’m sure facebook will remind me. i’m early 40’s and an audio archivist in chicago. i had been using lantus and novolog but was having nasty morning lows so my new PA suggested switching things up. i remember asking my old doc about t1 support groups as it seemed that there were a ton of t2 ones and she couldn’t recommend any :disappointed_relieved: happy to have found this resource and to let others know about it.

started with the libre system in june and it has been instrumental in helping to control my numbers. though i haven’t ever gotten below a 6.7, there is still hope! /headsofftoreadmoreaboutresiba

2 Likes
Welcome! New members, please, introduce yourself

Superschein, I am sorry that you are having problems with Tresiba. I switched from Lantus because I had heard that my insurance wasn’t going to cover it anymore. I used to take Lantus twice a day and I love only taking Tresiba once a day. Are you sure your dose of Tresiba is high enough? As far as I know, your numbers shouldn’t be higher on Tresiba. I recently realized my 10 units weren’t enough and recently added a unit and found that I could decrease my Novalog one unit before each meal. I also no longer seem to be struggling with higher numbers in the early morning. Of course now I will have to see if I drop too low in the night. So far so good. I am a Tresiba fan.

Best of luck to you.

1 Like