Newbie says hello

57 years young,long term type I, insulin pump.

Into bicycling and motorcycles BIG Time !

Anyone ever suffer a hypo event that landed them in the ER during exercise ?
Suggestions on how to “prevent” such episodes if so. [drxbmw@aol.com]

Damn insurance will NOT approve the CGM pump yet, be a godsend for folks who like to live life to the fullest.

Gary
Williamsport,Pa

Hi and WELCOME!
Those are some good looking motorcycles. Is that an “African Twin”??? And also looks like a “V-strom” probably a 1000cc judging from the dual exhaust. Wow those bikes are definitely in my top 10 list.
Ride safe!

Hello Gary!!

Congrats on being a DLifer. You look like you’re still in Good pretty shape. Nice that you are still in full blast. Wonderful!

No, I’ve never ended up in the ER while exercising. Just don’t do it. j/k Some People eat bars(not chocolate), nuts, fruit, Gatorade and so on, if they’re biking. before they exercise. Keeping up on Testing also.

Nice bikes that you have there. I like biking when I can and Love riding on motorcycles. We’ve had that Fun for the last 20 years.

Good Luck with getting the CGM.

Welcome and enjoy Tudiabetes :slight_smile:

BINGO, right call on both bikes.

I spent last year in Japan touring, hence the Kanji license plates.

AT is unavailable in the USA for some unknown reason. Great motorcycle, I would buy one in a heart beat.

BMW K 75 is my choice of steed,best motorcycle I have ever owned, 160K + on the odometer.

Do you ride Mike ?

Gary
Williamsport,Pa

Yeah I ride a little bit of dual sport and supermoto. I would like to get something bigger like a V-strom650 to do more long distance. Nice BMW. 160k - wow!

The only really bad hypo I had was in my sleep my family noticed (thankful) and I wouldn’t get up to eat so they had to call fire rescue. Blood was 41 when they tested me. It was very odd coming back to reality in bed surrounded by 6-7 paramedics. Scary and I really can’t get over how odd your brain functions while hypo. I’ve had other lows not too bad around 60-80 where I quickly grab a snack and I’m ok but that one time was a reality check for me.

I want your bike! Glad to see another motorcyclist here in Tudiabetes. I own a few - BMW’s are my preference. Never experienced a hypo event during exercise that landed me in ER. That could not have been pleasant :frowning:

AMEN, I hear you on testing and more testing during strenuous activities.

CGM still would be the cat’s ■■■, at least one would have a heads up your dropping.

endo claims I suffer from “hypo unawareness”, sweating is about all I get for warning signs. WTF, everyone perspires during a real bicycle ride. Trying a gluco watch for my next century, stay tuned.

Appealing my insurance denial for the integrated CGM pump. Wish me luck, I need it.

Gary
Williamsport,Pa